Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cable or Linkage? I've ran linkage in the past and am considering switching to a morse (push/pull) setup. Does anyone have pictures or links to products I can use? I want a real trick setup like the CSR product but I want integrated return springs like the Jeg's product but I don't want it Jeg's branded. I would need a throttle pedal that I could install/fabricate a toe hook on as well.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like using a cable... and made this setup myself. I like using the top hole in the throttle arm, so I have a little smoother control and good leverage. This setup is smooth as butter and feels like ball bearings.

It's a Lokar universal cable with a OEM gas pedal... return springs and throttle connection are robbed from a 4150 Moroso return bracket/spring kit. The return spring bracket is just a piece of aluminum flat stock.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention I have a 4500 carb.

Just talked to Derrick at Tim McAmis and he says they run cables on their blown cars and mechanical on their nitrous cars. He said the mechanical is more responsive. Looks like I may be keeping my mechanical setup...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like that throttle return spring set-up. Did you make that bracket or did you buy that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here is a pic of my current set up. It is a stock GM throttle cable in a Camaro using a CSR 4500 bracket. The rod ends and the cable end are from McMaster.com. The rest I made. I will be switching over to a Morse style cable so I can use a lift off bracket on the pedal.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point but I still have the factory linkage and throttle assembly which doesn't expose any holes in the firewall.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Im using a stock gm style cable with a 4500 csr bracket. The return spring setup is a modified 4150 kit.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts

Modified to use the factory Ford throttle cable. It always worked very well too.

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
i'm not a fan of the csr-style wire rope type throttle cable as i had one fray on the gas pedal end,f-ing thing sent my motor to 8000-plus,in burnout box...i shit my pants reached up and hit the ign. kill switch and was like WTF??? thats when i found the frayed end...so i switched back to gm-stylefactory throttle cable,and bracket with a modified 4150-style moroso return spring setup,btw i run a dominator....all set with csr-cut to lenght shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts