Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here's Rommel (aka BigRom - hence my screen name). He was my Baby Boy! Got a rare cancer in '07. Very Sweet and playful!!

·
Banned
31,418 Posts
rotties are the only breed im apprehesive around...

noone i know has been mauled by a pittbull-but i know plenty of people fucked up by rotties

not saying theyre dangerous dogs/breed...but when you come across a dangerous one-thats a big dog to fight off

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

noone i know has been mauled by a pittbull-but i know plenty of people fucked up by rotties

not saying theyre dangerous dogs/breed...but when you come across a dangerous one-thats a big dog to fight off
They are a big, tough, intelligent dog with the strongest bite in the domesticated dog world. if they arent raised right, they are like a loaded gun. most of them ive met have been nothing but a joy to be around. But, even as an owner i am very cautious around any of them that i dont know personally.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was the same way around Rommel. I had trained him very well. I could leave him off his lead anytime, but I didn't. It was more of a protection for him than others.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Here is Tyson. We adopted him when he was 8 and he is 13 now. Every day we get with him is lucky, the best dog we have

·
Registered
10,169 Posts

The only time dogs get really aggressive is when they are chained up, or just have a Bad Master plain and simple! Pit Bulls get a Bad rap because of careless owners!! It's too bad people who hve no business owning a dog do!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

This is Petra. He is now about 7 1/2 years old. He was a 1 year old rescuewhen we got him from a local Rottweiler rescue. The best Dog I have ever had. Right now he is sleeping on my feet.

Keith

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
The only dog I'm deathly afraid of. They are so unpredictable in my experience. A good friend had a Rot from a puppy, ended having to get rid of it. It came after me for no reason when we were watching football on TV. A few months later it went after a small child for no reason. Another friend had one also, the dog cornered his wife and kids in the basement, would not let them up stairs. Now I will say, I have seen one that was a big baby.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The only dog I'm deathly afraid of...
I used to be when I was a kid. Have had two now and they have been great. I would 100% trust Tyson with anyone.

Have a strong headed pit too, he is more of a handful than the rott. Every now and again he will challenge me, not bad just a little bit (like a little grumble if I take his chew toy away). Just gotta not back down and reaffirm who is boss. If you let up just once, its going to be that much harder to show you are the leader next time the situation arises.

·
Registered
763 Posts
This is Olive. She is a Rott mix. We rescued her and we think she may be mixed with a Doberman. She was the runt of the litter. She turned 9 months old today.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts