Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
My zero turn and 3 old farm tractors didn't make the photo shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
How steep of ground are you guys comfortable on with those zero turn mowers.....I will have some 45* stuff to keep mowed in the future

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
45 degrees is pretty steep. It depends on how long the hill is. 100' and then a cliff no way. 5'-15' with a smooth flat area below is doable. Cross mowing a hill that steep with a zero turn will cause the drive wheels to slide down hill on you. I would have to say 30 degrees would be the most I would want to cut on a weekly basis's. You may want to look at a all wheel drive lawn tractor or a all wheel drive front mower.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
45 degrees is pretty steep. It depends on how long the hill is. 100' and then a cliff no way. 5'-15' with a smooth flat area below is doable. Cross mowing a hill that steep with a zero turn will cause the drive wheels to slide down hill on you. I would have to say 30 degrees would be the most I would want to cut on a weekly basis's. You may want to look at a all wheel drive lawn tractor or a all wheel drive front mower.
No cliffs, there will be a flat on top and bottom. I would like to have grass on it, but may need to just plant some sort of ground cover.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
No cliffs, there will be a flat on top and bottom. I would like to have grass on it, but may need to just plant some sort of ground cover.
Best thing you could do would be show your lawn to someone with a zeroturn that cuts full time. Even hire them for a cutting and see how it goes. Next best thing would be to have a demo dropped off from a dealer for you to tryout. The only problem with you trying it out is hills are not a fun place to start on. Guys that mow all the time will know when they are getting into something to steep.

·
Registered
353 Posts
^^^ I had a 782 IH / Cub for a while.

Here's my 1989 Ingersoll 4018. 18 HP Onan flat twin with hydro. I mow two acres with it now and again.

I had a 4016 for many years. Mowed 1-1/2 acres weekly. I also had a snowcaster and blade for winter driveway clearing duties. Great tractor.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
What the hell there is no mud on it yet ? If it's fairly flat where you mow you may want to fold that roll bar down so you don't catch it on a low limb and wheelie over backwards.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts