Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have you ever used one. They are really not scary.
Truthfully no, but there have been a couple accidents around here. In one case a dad ran over his little girls feet.

I don’t have exact details but I believe she ran up on him just as he was whipping it.

I actually had a close call with a landscaper running one near us while we were setting up.

Not trying to throw shade on ZTR’s in fact I’d love to have one. Just cautioning everyone to be careful.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
would not mind getting a JD300 series in diesel but around here they are all used up when you find them.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have a few hills in my yard. I have been thinking about getting some wheel weights, agro tires, or a 4 wheel drive lawnmower. I don't know why I am having problems with it. None of my lawn guys ever had any problems.

·
Smuck
4,665 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I cut 3 acres an hour on either of my JD 950 or Skag turf tiger zero turns for about 2 gallons of fuel. I sure that fossil you are mowing with is not processing 3 acres an hour and using 1 gallon of heating oil for 3 acres.
About 1.5 hours per three acres due to many trees. About a gallon heating oil.It a 5 foot deck and turns as tight as any lawn tractor can turn.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
After seeing all y’all’s awesome rigs it bugs me I showed you the side of my tractor that’s missing the plastic front wheel bearing cover.
I’m better at maintaining stuff than that and I’m ordering a half dozen Tuesday morning! Lol

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
About 1.5 hours per three acres due to many trees. About a gallon heating oil.It a 5 foot deck and turns as tight as any lawn tractor can turn.
First I thought you were bull shitting me so I looked up the ground speed on a 430. It's rated at 10MPH which is cranking for a tractor that size. Most commercial zero turns run about the same 10-12 MPH. Does it have a tendency to want to push if you turn too sharp at higher speeds. Those older 400 series are pretty bullet proof.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
That 400 JD is nicely done on previous page. I just sold our 445. Treated us very well. We have a 54" dixon now and a 60" Country clipper 26 hp Kawi. I can't comfortably mow at full speed. Lawn is too bumpy. That tracked zero above would be a nightmare. You pivot on one wheel a lot turning, and that thing would tear shit up. The Kubota above is a badass machine.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts