Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 3267 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
how are u guys posting pictures. i dont know what my http address is?

·
Registered
117 Posts
mod

First is a 2004 Mustang, 5.4L Mod Motor, stock suspension car running an 88mm turbo (NMRA Drag Radial)

Second is a 2000 Mustang, 4.6L Mod Motor, stock suspension car running an 85mm turbo (NMRA Drag Radial).

·
Registered
243 Posts
First is a 2004 Mustang, 5.4L Mod Motor, stock suspension car running an 88mm turbo (NMRA Drag Radial)

Second is a 2000 Mustang, 4.6L Mod Motor, stock suspension car running an 85mm turbo (NMRA Drag Radial).

joey, what do those cars weigh with no ballast, and whats the lightest you think they can get? big props on working the mod motors.

chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
joey, what do those cars weigh with no ballast, and whats the lightest you think they can get? big props on working the mod motors.

chris
The white 5.4L weighs 2980 lbs with me in it (175 lbs) with zero ballast. She has all factory panels, factory steering assembly.

The red 4.6L weighs 3050 lbs with me in it and zero ballast. This one is the same as far as all factory panels, steering.
She also still has the factory wheels tubs, spare tire area, etc.

Since we run the 85 mm on the 4.6L we add about 100 lbs of ballast to make the BFG radials work.

The 5.4L combo is running the 88mm so she has to weigh in at about 3280.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Rob and Steve's ride is f'in sweet. It's a bigger bore space I guess with some type of canted valve head??

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Looks very trick dude.... Are those windows for the turbos ducted to the impellers or are they just show?
They function.I formed the rings and extended them about 6" in alum.Rolled a ring just in front of the turbo and mounted it to the frontend support.Connected the two with a tape mold and wrapped it in glass.Made for a nice transition to the turbo inlet.

Mark,the last race they ran was Orlando 06.They have been testing since then but have to work around Frank Gugliotta's IHRA schedule since he drives it.They also had some problems with a cylinder dropping when they let the clutch pedal out.Something to do with a bad board in the injection box.Took a long time to get it repaired.They should be ready to rock now.

Dustin your right,it is a spread bore CN small block with a prostock truck style head.Definitely a cool piece.

101 - 120 of 3267 Posts