Yellow Bullet Forums banner

821 - 840 of 3267 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
The other car still sits but I'm gettin a bug to finish it........thinking of building a big cube TT motor to compete with the other guys.......gonna get away from the little motor cause as you know I need to wring them out to run 6s. Currently finishing the street car.........got a 10K race set up for the spring..need to shut some shit talker up from our other web site. It should be interesting.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
Where are you located?I want to pay you to wrap my headers like yours..I can do it but not that tight
thanks Joe
Its not that hard to wrap up headers like mine. The key is keeping the wrap damp. I just filled up a windex bottle with water and sprayed it down as I was moving along. Make sure you use the 1" stuff on the headers because it is way easier to make it around bends with the narrower stuff. However on the crossover, I did use 2" because of how simple it is. When the wrap dries it becomes super tight.

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
bad Azz ride there, love them four eyes, and flat black, looks great, any et's yet..

Sorry meant to copy pics too, was talking bout the 86 above!!
Thanks a lot!!

I haven't really gotten a chance to get the 88mm down the track yet, but last year with the 98mm on 21psi, it went 8.41 @ 172.59. I am hoping to get the car to be a consistent 8.50 car with the 88mm also.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its not that hard to wrap up headers like mine. The key is keeping the wrap damp. I just filled up a windex bottle with water and sprayed it down as I was moving along. Make sure you use the 1" stuff on the headers because it is way easier to make it around bends with the narrower stuff. However on the crossover, I did use 2" because of how simple it is. When the wrap dries it becomes super tight.
I would suggest using Swain Tech Coatings as opposed to the wrap........it works much better and is safer. If any oils get on the wrap it becomes a fireball when it ignites. This year I had them do my entire exhaust from header to tailpipes. Check out their website; www.swaintech.com

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Best ET before upgrades was 7.70..........looking for 7.20s althought due to the weight of the car it only has 25.5 cert for 7.50 at 3600 lbs..... unfortunately it weighed 3800 before I added the extra bars and full 4" exhaust out to the back bumper. Here's a few vids:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/Docandmrsz/Drag Racing/?action=view&current=camaro799.flv
What track is this in the 1st of the 2 videos? Looking down the track from behind the car it looks like the shutdown goes on forever!

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
I would suggest using Swain Tech Coatings as opposed to the wrap........it works much better and is safer. If any oils get on the wrap it becomes a fireball when it ignites. This year I had them do my entire exhaust from header to tailpipes. Check out their website; www.swaintech.com

I have never had any problems with the wrap at all like that. Any oil that has gotten on it, has just burned off. The beauty of the wrap is being able to touch up the paint whenever. When it starts to turn white, I just spray it down with the DEI's paint, and it looks brand new again.

821 - 840 of 3267 Posts