Yellow Bullet Forums banner

741 - 760 of 3267 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are some pics of a street car that i did the turbo system on...71 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340" engine, 727 trans, 3.23 gears, and 325 mt drag radials out back...turbo is gt47-88 from Precision...and it now sports a pro systems carb...made 630rwhp on Livernois dyno, but when we took her to the track the fuel pump couldn't keep up and it leaned out a bunch, so time to fix that and find the next weak link :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Here are some pics of a street car that i did the turbo system on...71 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340" engine, 727 trans, 3.23 gears, and 325 mt drag radials out back...turbo is gt47-88 from Precision...and it now sports a pro systems carb...made 630rwhp on Livernois dyno, but when we took her to the track the fuel pump couldn't keep up and it leaned out a bunch, so time to fix that and find the next weak link :)

very cool :supz:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts

I'm not a big mopar guy but your setup is very well built!

·
Registered
15,065 Posts

Sweet!

·
Registered
21 Posts
nice!!!! but i wonder if it was the fuel pump or the bonnet causing problems.
its the fuel pump...its only a 140 holley...on the dyno it made 630rwhp with no signs of leaning out on a 78 degree day...it was under 60 degrees out when we raced and with colder air your obviously going to make more power...unless there isnt enough fuel to support it. The bonnet has 3/8" radius at the top on the inside and stands taller than most factory cast pieces...the short side radius actually has a smoother inlet then the cast ones too...so id be willing to bet that its the fuel pump but thanks for your compliment and constructive criticism

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
741 - 760 of 3267 Posts