Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Mine is on the passenger side strut tower,Iam sure there's better places but....oh well.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
mine is illegal i think.. i mounted it on the passenger side of the firewall.. but i have a blowproof bell housing and trans shield plus im gonna put a shield over it i think

·
Registered
54 Posts
I mounted it on the strut tower also.. I do believe the firewall is illegal... not to many choices

·
16,312 Posts
Bad cell pic but I have mine on the carb line, going to move it to the passanger strut tower on the rear when i get new lines and a sump tank.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently have mine on the passanger strut tower, but its in the way ofworkong on the passangerside of the motor. it was recommended to move it away from the headders and to get better access to the valve covers.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Mine is mounted on the front of the passenger side strut tower. And yes, illegal to mount on firewall.

·
Something Creative
2,621 Posts
And yes, illegal to mount on firewall.
Shit... not to thread jack, but I built a bracket that attatches to the firewall, then the FPR mounts to that..... is that still "attached" to the firwall?

Edit, I cant seem to find specifics in the rules?

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Shit... not to thread jack, but I built a bracket that attatches to the firewall, then the FPR mounts to that..... is that still "attached" to the firwall?

Edit, I cant seem to find specifics in the rules?
I'm not sure on that. I just remember when I did it, the rules state that it couldn't be on the firewall because it was in line with the flexplate. I haven't raced in years, so you may want to consult someone who has.

·
Something Creative
2,621 Posts
I'm not sure on that. I just remember when I did it, the rules state that it couldn't be on the firewall because it was in line with the flexplate. I haven't raced in years, so you may want to consult someone who has.
Thanks for that, I do need to get updated rules before I finally finish this turd up.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
not in the car but this is how it was on my malibu since i didnt like it on the wheel well, going to do the same when my motors in my fox
you can see the rail off the carb the female -6 at the end connected to a 90 degree -6 off the reg.

edit if you look here you can kinda see it

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

NHRA and IHRA rules, not sure about ADRL and OSCRA and so on but I imagine they arent much differant state that the regulator must be 6 inches OFF of the firewall due to fire concerns steming from leaking regulators and such, so even on the firewall side of the strut tower is fine, I am moving all mine off of my strut towers and going with a log off the front of the engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts