Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5521 - 5540 of 5659 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
June, 2011. Post-mission press conference at Ellington Field after the return of STS-134. Then-JSC director Michael Coats (a former astronaut himself) leads mission commander Mark Kelly and his two daughters to the press table. STS-134 was the 25th (and last) mission for Endeavor. I used to like Mark Kelly, and would interact with him (and his brother Scott as well) once in a while if I ever went to the crew office in B4S, but after his wife Gabby Giffords was shot in 2011, he started leaning way too left for me. That said, since he retired soon after this mission (and this photo), I never saw him again, so there's that. Now he's running for senate as a Dim. Geez... :rolleyes:

·
T/S 368E
29,005 Posts

160 speedo, it must be something cool!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bride took these last night of the equipment brought in to our backyard to remove the old transformer, seen on the ground. Anyone know what that box is up there? Wasn't there before. View attachment 110502 View attachment 110503 View attachment 110504
Little update. Yesterday they came back, said they were still not getting enough voltage up the street (towards the right of the pole) and needed to do some more work. They added another pole and transformer up the street and added the top power line as well. Also they relocated the "transmitter" and added another. If you look closely you can see the pull handles in black. They are fuses!

5521 - 5540 of 5659 Posts