Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5581 - 5600 of 5658 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Can we see rest of this bike?
Nice that it is still original!
Buddy use to do a lot of Panhead cylinder heads. before he died . Company was called Head Hogs did valve seat overlay process instead of cutting cast in seats out and pressing steal seats in.
he would weld up broken fins , he built heads that looked like jewelry.
Will have me a Original Panhead or Knucklehead some day.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
HOW DOES IT FEEL
The best converter I’ve ever had. Feels like stock until you give it a little over 3/8ths throttle. Then, it will loosen up the rpm’s but not too much. 1/2 throttle ... and it is on 😁
There’s a few things I’ve noticed but one of the biggest is the trans is NOT getting hotter than stock. Was kind of worried about that before the install.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,589
The best converter I’ve ever had. Feels like stock until you give it a little over 3/8ths throttle. Then, it will loosen up the rpm’s but not too much. 1/2 throttle ... and it is on 😁
There’s a few things I’ve noticed but one of the biggest is the trans is NOT getting hotter than stock. Was kind of worried about that before the install.
MY STOCK ONE IS STARTING TO SHUTTER

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
MY STOCK ONE IS STARTING TO SHUTTER
Mine did as well ... when my car was new. However, I knew I was going to mod my car from the start and that included the converter. Just took me a few years to get the converter done since I was getting all the other mods done and the last ended up being the converter. No more mods for the C7. Just going to buy more stock tires and drag radials until the C8 Z is available 😎

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
New points and condenser, set timing, adjust carb. Talk about fucking old school, I bought that snap on multi meter when I was in high school around '77. Same with the chrome Sears timing light. I still prefer that cheepo one on the right it is all in one unit,Tach,Dwell,and a timing light. Had it since '76.LOL,Damn I'm getting old.

·
Aviation Section
25,178 Posts
New points and condenser, set timing, adjust carb. Talk about fucking old school, I bought that snap on multi meter when I was in high school around '77. Same with the chrome Sears timing light. I still prefer that cheepo one on the right it is all in one unit,Tach,Dwell,and a timing light. Had it since '76.LOL,Damn I'm getting old.
Good to see the adult beverage back in your photos, Mark! You worked for it, you earned it, and you damn well are going to partake! Dave

Reactions: Mark D.
5581 - 5600 of 5658 Posts