·
Registered
5,126 Posts
swap meet was pretty terrible but been that way for years lol

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
Yup.

Better question is, does anyone know how long Copart's lease is for? That would help weed thru some of the most recent rumors I've heard.
it was posted somewhere on YB, I want to say it was 15 yrs at $5MM per

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yup.

Better question is, does anyone know how long Copart's lease is for? That would help weed thru some of the most recent rumors I've heard.
It's my understanding that copart purchased that part of the land. No lease. just bought it outright for a lot of money

·
Registered
14 Posts
welp this time last year is when it was announced that there will be no more drag racing soon we should be getting the schedule for 2019 and we will see if it there will be drag racing this year

latest rumor i got was from a guy saying he was close to the napp family he said that the nhra got a hold on any drag racing there till 2020 nhra are mad b/c they had scheduled the summer nationals for 2018 and they just abruptly announced they werent drag racing forcing nhra to find another track. he also said that the copart 15 year deal was scrapped b/c they couldnt get permits/residence complained again last minute said the sons got greedy last minute and both deals(renting the land or drag racing returning)got screwed

so the wait continues

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
welp this time last year is when it was announced that there will be no more drag racing soon we should be getting the schedule for 2019 and we will see if it there will be drag racing this year

latest rumor i got was from a guy saying he was close to the napp family he said that the nhra got a hold on any drag racing there till 2020 nhra are mad b/c they had scheduled the summer nationals for 2018 and they just abruptly announced they werent drag racing forcing nhra to find another track. he also said that the copart 15 year deal was scrapped b/c they couldnt get permits/residence complained again last minute said the sons got greedy last minute and both deals(renting the land or drag racing returning)got screwed

so the wait continues
Humm, What? OK. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not that I have a whole lot of hope for drag racing's imminent return to Englishtown, and I don't any knowledge of their future plans, but I do know this:
That photo from the above post is not the track being torn up. It is a section of the right hand lane wall being removed. Look closely, the racing surface is still there to the left. In addition, the tower is not coming down. The tower is where the R.P. business offices are now located.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that I have a whole lot of hope for drag racing's imminent return to Englishtown, and I don't any knowledge of their future plans, but I do know this:
That photo from the above post is not the track being torn up. It is a section of the right hand lane wall being removed. Look closely, the racing surface is still there to the left. In addition, the tower is not coming down. The tower is where the R.P. business offices are now located.
thanks for the info and input was there on sunday tower is still there and no other demolishing was taking place would like to keep the thread alive for other posters to post any more info even if its rumors on what is happening with the track

·
Registered
14 Posts
just came back from the swap meet track and tower still there but the tree and both walls from start till about 150 feet have been removed they are also planting grass where the wall used to be car show was still on track with barricade walls at finish line there are the same amount of salvaged cars on the airport side from last fall

·
Registered
14 Posts
back from the swap meet not looking good left side score board gone taken down right side still there.

they did alot of paving construction on both sides of track with the front pit/parking half gone its all sand now

the small house announcer thingy that was near 1/8 track and has been raised since the track was closed has now finally moved to the middle of the track it is fenced off

swap meet set up is different dont know if its b/c of the construction but its now half, up to the end of stands and where they sell food the rest is fenced off the airport side pit was very small area for vendors.

they put vendors in the grass/dirt/parking now close to the mx/drifting or where we would park for the swap meets so there there was now 3 sections for vendors but in total there was alot less imo id say the swap meet is about 50% smaller than it was in the last year or two

·
Registered
14 Posts

still about the same iaa cars parked on the air part side way back at the end of the track they looked like they are moved closer to track this time before they were closer to hangers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for that!!! Hope all is well;)

41 - 60 of 69 Posts