Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Latest rumor over at Classracer is Don Schumacher is trying to purchase track and bring back a NHRA national event

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
When the first pair of cars goes down the track you can believe it. Otherwise its on the list with the track opening on Long Island at Calverton. That's been a 15 year rumor now I think.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,362 Posts
With all the track equipment and timing systems gone, someone will need to spend a lot of time and money to make the attempt, AFTER purchasing everything from the current owners.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,362 Posts
The jet drier was kept for the road course. Everything else is or will be gone shortly. They do have more jet engines if someone wants to build their own truck like they did.

·
Registered
7,767 Posts
When the first pair of cars goes down the track you can believe it. Otherwise its on the list with the track opening on Long Island at Calverton. That's been a 15 year rumor now I think.
and if they hold out a few more years all us old guys will be to old to fight anymore so that will end it. youngsters have zero interest in racing

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,362 Posts
Island bought a Tenant machine, they had two at E-Town. I think Wall Stadium bought the other one, or maybe they bought the blower truck. I know they got something.........

Wish we had one of those tractors like RT66 and some other tracks have, those things are awesome!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
This rumor is all over.
Man the neighbors will puke w 24/7 tractor trailers moving junk cars thru their neighborhoods.
They have no idea. There is a place on long island. Never closes.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,362 Posts
This rumor is all over.
Man the neighbors will puke w 24/7 tractor trailers moving junk cars thru their neighborhoods.
They have no idea. There is a place on long island. Never closes.
Yup! Neighbors got their wishes! No more drag racing. Enjoy those trucks!

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
Yup! Neighbors got their wishes! No more drag racing. Enjoy those trucks!

Was at Island for T&T today - lots of rumors about E-town. Just posted this in TOBT:

Heard a new rumor while at Island today, apparently the neighbors around Raceway Park are now scared of the 24x7 big rig truck traffic CoPart will bring, so the town is not approving the variance or whatever they need to store cars.

The same rumor said they guy who is behind the Z-Max tracks wants to reopen the Raceway track or perhaps buy it - no word on current status.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Doubtful but who knows. I would bet the family would rather sell the entire place to developers and run away with hundreds of millions. But I could be wrong.

·
Banned
8,640 Posts
Doubtful but who knows. I would bet the family would rather sell the entire place to developers and run away with hundreds of millions. But I could be wrong.
Hundreds of millions? Lol. What exactly do you think they have there? A diamond mine?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts