Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 1980 Camaro, 496, glide. First time out ran 6.38 in the 1/8. Had an issue of blowing trans fluid out of the rear seal.
Trying to run for points this year so got a new glide from jegs till I have time to rebuild mine.
Today ran horrible times on the 7.50 range! Track started said it sounded like I was launching in high gear. Shifter linkage is correct, t brake engaged properly. Any ideas? I've got down time so I'll rebuild my glide and try to find the issue with it.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
I'm running a 1980 Camaro, 496, glide. First time out ran 6.38 in the 1/8. Had an issue of blowing trans fluid out of the rear seal.
Trying to run for points this year so got a new glide from jegs till I have time to rebuild mine.
Today ran horrible times on the 7.50 range! Track started said it sounded like I was launching in high gear. Shifter linkage is correct, t brake engaged properly. Any ideas? I've got down time so I'll rebuild my glide and try to find the issue with it.
New trans sounds like it spun the stator tube.

First thing I'd check on the old trans is make sure the drain isn't covered. Pull the tailhousing and stick a pick or small screwdriver to see if it reaches the floor of the pan. Maybe somehow you have a valvebody designed for a dragster and the separator plate is covering the drain.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New trans sounds like it spun the stator tube.

First thing I'd check on the old trans is make sure the drain isn't covered. Pull the tailhousing and stick a pick or small screwdriver to see if it reaches the floor of the pan. Maybe somehow you have a valvebody designed for a dragster and the separator plate is covering the drain.

I'll definitely check the drain. Had no idea that a valvebody can be designed for a dragster. Sure wasn't asked about it when I ordered it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sometimes the combination of a aftermarket valve body & aftermarket pan blocks off the rear of the case & traps fluid in the tail housing.... some separator plates are larger and some pans are wider at the pan edge causing the problem.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Sometimes the combination of a aftermarket valve body & aftermarket pan blocks off the rear of the case & traps fluid in the tail housing.... some separator plates are larger and some pans are wider at the pan edge causing the problem.
True.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts