Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever seen or cooked one of these bad boys?

This was a first for me, the meat was given to me for free and I didn't know it at the time, but turns out it's a wild black boar from Arkansas.

I smoked it like I would normally do a boston butt, shoulder or a rack of spare ribs.

I washed it real good, trimmed it up, rubbed it down real good with my favorite BBQ rub, then onto the smoker/grill @ 250-275 till IT reached 175~ish. I then wrapped it in heavy foil and added moisture ( I used Wicker's original marinade/basting sauce ) then I pushed it until I got an IT of 210-215, after that I wrapped it in a couple towels and let it rest in a big cooler overnight.
We ate it for a our family 4th of July party the next day, it turned out pretty damn good, here's a few pics.

Last pic before wrapping.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If that piece of meat is from a wild boar it was raised in a pen. I have literally killed over a hundred wild hogs and have never seen a backstrap that big or even ribs that are that big and meaty. Even on a 300 pounder. It looks great though! Glad it was good.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that piece of meat is from a wild boar it was raised in a pen. I have literally killed over a hundred wild hogs and have never seen a backstrap that big or even ribs that are that big and meaty. Even on a 300 pounder. It looks great though! Glad it was good.
Thanks.

It could have been pen raised, IDK, like I said, it was free to me and I wasn't told what it was till after I cooked it.

And just to add, I'm typically not a loin guy ( the meat is too dry for my liking ) but this one was pretty good.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I just smoke the regular old pork loin.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts