Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOT on two step popped about 5 times and then fairly good size puff of smoke thru carb. i went brain dead and let go of tran brake instead of gas pedal and car made good clean pass. any sugestions. Did not get to try out again after that. 400 sbc 150 shot. motor has been running very well before and getting fairly consistant.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
I would check your wiring on the car. make sure it's not spraying on the break

·
Registered
862 Posts
About 1% of the people on the board get all bet out of shape if you dont post in the newb thread. IMO who cares.....

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
hell i am still looking for them
Post this question on TOBT and you will find them.

A puff of smoke thru the carb sounds like a bent intake valve. That's about the only thing that will move that much air thru a carb.

Are you using a relay to cut the power to the nitrous when on the trans brake?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I did say "about the only thing". A head gasket will do that also. Nice burn between the cylinders? LOL! I had one so bad that it required decking below the pistons.
it had a real nice burn removed a chunk of aluminum from my brodix heads lmao. live and learn first time i ever messed with nitrous ran damn good until it wouldnt run ha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just for the record , got a chance to check whether nitrous was armed while on the brake and it was. have installed relay, now working it like it should. hope i havent tore it up. will find out tommorow. you guys was on the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts