Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They are. Steel all swivel wheels rated at 300 lb each. All HF dollies I saw were bent or bad casters and plastic/rubber wheel that would get flat sided when sitting for long period of time. The 59.99 is for 2 on your HF site Im building 4 for the 120 or 60.00 a pair. 1 cent more then HF

·
Registered
17,805 Posts
They are. Steel all swivel wheels rated at 300 lb each. All HF dollies I saw were bent or bad casters and plastic/rubber wheel that would get flat sided when sitting for long period of time. The 59.99 is for 2 on your HF site Im building 4 for the 120 or 60.00 a pair. 1 cent more then HF
I've got 2 full sets ( 8 ) of the HF ones, I use them for everything from engines to full cars. Sometimes they sit outside for months on end. Some lube on the casters and good as new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DS, that's funny.... but I have a narrow garage and can only work on one side of the car or the other. Without dolly under the wheels I have to open the door (letting all my heat out) then move the car to the other side of the bay, crawl out of the window (not everything I fix is a Miata), and then crawl back in to back out when I'm done. I just picked up two sets of the better HF ones that are good for 1500 pounds each. They were easy to assemble and work fantastic! I was able to change both doors on the Miata without having to open the garage door. They locks on the dolly allowed me to push the car when I wanted to and held it in place for some rough "adjusting". If you have ever thought of getting or making a set I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
DS, that's funny.... but I have a narrow garage and can only work on one side of the car or the other. Without dolly under the wheels I have to open the door (letting all my heat out) then move the car to the other side of the bay, crawl out of the window (not everything I fix is a Miata), and then crawl back in to back out when I'm done. I just picked up two sets of the better HF ones that are good for 1500 pounds each. They were easy to assemble and work fantastic! I was able to change both doors on the Miata without having to open the garage door. They locks on the dolly allowed me to push the car when I wanted to and held it in place for some rough "adjusting". If you have ever thought of getting or making a set I highly recommend them.
LOL. I have a 22x24 shop. Bought 4 of them things, ain't used them but once. They won't fit my rear tires and I ended up with to much other shit in there. I was just busting OP's balls. :p

Shit I gotta put 2x6's under my 55 to get on or off lift.:-damnit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts