Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from an e-mail sent to me.

These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills south of woking when this big guy slipped in on the caller the

Shooter spotted the bear 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Rem Mag.. Farmers in

The area new about the Bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several

Different homesteads in the area.

Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but notice on surveillance video that when ever a he would enter his hump would hit

The top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in check out the

Scar tissue on his face…..

Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 ¾ feet tall on its hind legs…..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Damnit.......that one big ass bear.....I probably would have took a second and wondered if I brought a big enough caliber .338 ????
after 5 shots, he probably wondered the same :-Daw

·
Registered
636 Posts
thats a huge bitch! and even though it was being a nuisance i'll be honest it kinda sucks that they wacked it. now im all for hunting. but something thats lived long enough to get that big deserves to live IMO. unless of course it was attacking one of the hunters or any other scenario where it was obviously kill or be killed.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
That Is on big M...F...ing bear! That would be a perfect americas funny video if the bear moved his leg, Bet them guys would run like shit!

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
thats a huge bitch! and even though it was being a nuisance i'll be honest it kinda sucks that they wacked it. now im all for hunting. but something thats lived long enough to get that big deserves to live IMO. unless of course it was attacking one of the hunters or any other scenario where it was obviously kill or be killed.

Well said

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
holy fucking big bear... I'm not really sure how I feel about it getting killed, all I know is I wouldn't wanna live in that area with a damn near 12 foot tall bear running around!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Seen that in an email the other week too. One big sumbitch.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
sorry i call bullshit on this bears don't kill for fun they kill for food and defense
. Farmers in

The area new about the Bear but weren’t able to track after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several

Different homesteads in the area.

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
That's fucking crazy !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts