Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I was gonna buy a used BG carb from a co-worker. First thing I did was take of the bowls and what do you know.. a metal shaving the size of a finger nail clipping.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
I have a BG carb and is one of the fastest dominator I have out of three. I also have there fuel Pump.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Going strong since 2000

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I had a pair of their dominators on a tunnel ram when I had my last nitrous motor. They were the older style that even worked great after sitting a couple of years between cars. We did have some minor issues with the floats sticking if the car sat for an extended period but nothing that we couldn't fix in a matter of minutes. I never had this problem before the carbs sat but that was my fault and I wouldn't ever blame anyone else for that.

I will admit that I haven't used their fuel pumps in years though because I had bad luck with the seals leaking on just about every model pump they offered.(HR220, 280, and 400) I got tired of needing to keep several spares in the trailer. I still wouldn't hesitate one minute using their carbs on a future project. I honestly may have a closer inspection after reading that post and hearing the tech say they had these problems with shavings in the past. Luckily, we never found anything like that and ours were definitely the older batch before their new QC program. They worked great and made 1100hp n/a on a 598" BBF. We ran them for several years along with a pair of foggers and never so much as burned a plug so I have no complaints.

·
Registered
16,597 Posts
If I was BG I would take that boys internet access away. Who gives a rats ass about how many posts the guy has. He has a legit complaint with YOUR product, and you can only trash him about the fact its only his first post. Regardless of past problems and how you've clean them up, its still a BRAND NEW OFF THE SHELF product from YOUR COMPANY that is garbage! If you put as much effort into making sure all the old, defective product, was pulled off the shelves, as you do into bashing people, your company would have a much better reputation!

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I could sit here and bash products all the time! but i dont, cuz there is people that can just bolt parts on, and people that can fix them he he he, and people that dont know how to clean chit before its assembled- so with that being said do you run a cam or a crank right out of the box? cuz you are asking for trouble if you dont clean it before you use it-:p bunch of parts changers if you ask me lmao!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I was gonna buy a used BG carb from a co-worker. First thing I did was take of the bowls and what do you know.. a metal shaving the size of a finger nail clipping.

u must have to be blind or been on a massive holiday to miss the last 2-3 bg thread's on here-

if u have time get a beer and some smokes and read until the candle goes out-:p

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
158 Posts
King Enduro

I had barry grants king enduro pump. They told me on the first one i didn"t have to run a return line, so i didn"t. The pump got hot and stopped working. I followed all the directions on this pump. When i called barry grant about this, they told me i should run a return line. The guy i originally spoke to said it was a continuous duty pump, and didn"t have to run a return line. I asked him what i should do and he said send it back to him, and he will check it out for a fee. I told him i just got the pump a week ago. He said i must of hooked it up wrong. Well luckaly i bought the pump from summit so i returned it to them for another pump. The new pump comes, and i put it on the car like the second guy told me from barry grant. This time i used a return line like the second guy told me. I hooked it up the way he told me. I switched the pump on and it worked for about 40 minutes and shut down. Felt the pump and it was hot to the touch. Called summit and told them the pump blew again. They told me they were getting alot of returns on the king enduro pumps, and told me to go with the magnaflow. The magnaflow 500 pump comes i called them they told me how to hook it up. The magnaflow has been on my car for three years no problems no issues, and i do alot of street driving with the car.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i just dont understand why they cant-shut shop and get their shit together and start again-

i would and most good companies do it from time to time-

= good product
=good quality control

nothing wrong with saying our product is shit-but we are working on fixing it or making better changes-

i think the team at bg is to hard headed to think of how they got their-

customers make or break ya-

seems bg has forgotten about all that-

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
20,261 Posts
i had bought a BG 850 blowthru carb, so i went thru it to see what they do-ann boosters for the most part, so i added what else needed to be done-i really did find some metal shavings in one of the bowls, and also the threads needed some chasing, and a lot of pont. pieces that would need to be rem. b4 they fell off-i also rem'ed the squirters, and found shavings in their-the a/b's were 3-4 ths. off from side to side-after putting it on, kept getting fuel leak from the rear, finally chased it to the plugs on top of the sec metering plate-had to JB weld them to stop the leak-after all that, the carb did run good
no quality control, for sure-i pull everything apart i buy anyway, but having prob. bought 30-40 Holleys over the years, much better quality than BG

1 - 20 of 34 Posts