Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys and gals think of it????

Im doing a large research paper on it for one of my finals, specifically focusing on the case of Bountiful, British Columbia (although Utah has a much larger population of them)...the more research im doing, the more it seems like a weird, brainwashed cult of fucked up values where women are essentially raped to have jumbo families

whats your opinions? If any of you are polygamists, sorry if i just hurt your feelingsCMAFR:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Youre fuckin nuts to marry one.... Let alone 2.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
1 is too many, 100 ain't enough. Just like dope.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, there is supposed to be a separation of church and state in this country, but polygamy laws exist because most religions don't like it and forced the gubbamint to make it illegal.

Which is worse, a man who marries multiple wives and supports them and their children, or some dough dick motherfucker who knocks up 10 women and lets them all live on welfare?

Cult practices are a whole different thing............................

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Seriously though, there is supposed to be a separation of church and state in this country, but polygamy laws exist because most religions don't like it and forced the gubbamint to make it illegal.

Which is worse, a man who marries multiple wives and supports them and their children, or some dough dick motherfucker who knocks up 10 women and lets them all live on welfare?

Well, im by no means an expert on the subject, just starting to delve into the research aspect right now...However, due to the recent supreme court case here in canada and the women from the community themselves being put on the stand (actually through anonymous audio interviews) I have to say they are quite the brainwashed people...getting married at 15 to a 40 year old man, having kids, believing that the outside world is bad and that boys are "snakes"

The fuckin ringleader has 26 wives and 116 kids...thats fuckin factory quantities...I think it really makes a joke out of women's and child rights, especially in the sexuality department...these girls claim they have a choice, but it seems like they think this due to being brainwashed that they do- in reality, they cant escape the lifestyle even if they try

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Polygamy....
Dam'n
you learn something new on the bullet every day!

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
well, i guess if there was an upside, they cant all have a headache at the same time, lol-always seemed to me if enough of that went on, chances of inbreeding would be greater, unless thats really part of it-wasnt Jones into that, the guy that killed all his own people, and a senator or whoever when they went to investigate

·
Registered
677 Posts
Jim Jones and his cult drank the Kool Aid in Guyana. I dont remember if that was a poligamist group or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I think the government got involved because of the amount of welfare fraud these fuckers were committing.

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
well, i guess if there was an upside, they cant all have a headache at the same time, lol-
Yeah... but their periods would synch-up, and then you're dealing with multiple cases of PMS.

I'm surprised the suicide rate among Mormon men isn't higher...

-Brad

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
OP, go see if you can find some past episodes of a show called "Sister Wives". I believe it was on discovery or TLC. It was six or seven episodes showing real life inside a home with three wives and about 8-10 children. These people were not cultists, or wackjobs. Yes, they had a different lifestyle, but they weren't all nutty like you might expect. It would probably be very informative to you in your quest for imformation on "normal" poligamy.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I tried to talk my wife into bringing in a couple adult women to get a little thing going.She refused to share me with other bitches(her words)so no can do at our house.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OP, go see if you can find some past episodes of a show called "Sister Wives". I believe it was on discovery or TLC. It was six or seven episodes showing real life inside a home with three wives and about 8-10 children. These people were not cultists, or wackjobs. Yes, they had a different lifestyle, but they weren't all nutty like you might expect. It would probably be very informative to you in your quest for imformation on "normal" poligamy.
hey man, I have seen that show...I dont feel like the people are messed up cultists...my biggest thing has to do with the women though- in my opinion, polygamy and allowing it takes society a step backwards...its patriarchy at its finest, with men having more than one wife and therefore being the centre of society, a dictator of sorts if you will

I know there are alot of male chauvinists out there, but this is beyond it in my opinion...they may not come across as fucked up people, but to me its still just a weird concept that is archaic and achieves exactly the opposite of what women have fought and are continuing to fight for- equality

Not to mention the hardcores are marrying young girls when they are much older...its phucking like rape when they have kids with them imo

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Yeah... but their periods would synch-up, and then you're dealing with multiple cases of PMS.

The wife and two daughters never sync'ed up. Therefore, we have a male dog and I have a detached garage.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
I think the government got involved because of the amount of welfare fraud these fuckers were committing.
That's what I want to know,,, I saw a show about one guy in Nevada that had 5 wives 20 kids and NO JOB.
The wives were all collecting Welfare.

I agree with the separation of Church and State but these Low Lifes are screwing the system!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts