Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the cars started to turn yellow here in East Texas a few weeks ago. Even though I take Zrytec and Flonase daily the pollen is really kicking my butt this year. Cough, congestion ... Anyone else getting beat up by it and does anyone have any better remedies?

·
Regulator
35,593 Posts
Try not to breathe!:p. Jk no help here!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I haven't been able to breathe normal in nearly a month here in Georgia. The only thing that seems to work for me is high doses of hydroxyzine which also knocks me out cold.

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
:smt115 START YOUR MEDS NOW!...... Before the season starts and once it starts do sinus washes if you are outdoors.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I've been trying to stay inside for the few weeks/month that it will last. When I have to mow I'm thinking about becoming one of those weird looking people with the white paint mask on.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Its really bad here in GA too. Hasnt rained in about 2-2.5 weeks. Everything is yellow and will only get worse. April is always bad here, you can see waves of tree cum in the air when the wind blows. Literally have to sweep it off of the porch and driveway.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
You just have to figure out what cocktail works best for you. Sometimes my allergist has me on three meds at the same time and it still doesn't work. Sudafed plus Claritin is what I usually use. Then I add Nasacort at certain times. I had to resort to mowing with a mask a couple of years ago. Now I mow with a mask and a menthol cough drop in my mouth at the same time. The meds will usually keep the sneezing under control. What I really hate is my throat will swell almost closed at times.

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
Well, the cars started to turn yellow here in East Texas a few weeks ago. Even though I take Zrytec and Flonase daily the pollen is really kicking my butt this year. Cough, congestion ... Anyone else getting beat up by it and does anyone have any better remedies?
Try a different allergy medicine.
I know Zyrtec don't do shit for me, I use Claritin, WalMart brand, works much better.
One in the AM then the Flonase at night.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I'm trying that and it has been a pretty good year for me. :cool:

I was in HEB a few days ago and a girl was filling up their local honey display, I think it's pretty popular.
I am lucky, lady about 1/2 a mile a way has hives and keeps me stocked up. Straight from the hive no horseshit, good honey.

·
aka old_shoe
17,376 Posts
Hasn't started here yet, thanks for the warning

·
Mother Hen
50,979 Posts
It's horrible here in South Carolina. Even people that usually have mild allergies are getting their butts kicked. I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday. They have sent off a strep test, but it's most likely just allergy overload. She has gone through a box of tissues since yesterday.

Stay indoors. Keep windows closed. If it is not cold enough for heat or hot enough for air, turn on your central fan so it filters the air. The doctor said to wipe off the cats when they come in. You could see it all over one of my black cats and all the cars are yellow. Change allergy medicine every so often. We switched yesterday to a cold and allergy medicine along with Flonase.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,350 Posts
SOUTH FLORIDA FOR THE WIN

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a good idea about changing meds every now and then. I've been in East Texas for about 10 years and didn't have allergies before I moved here. My doctor has me on Zrytec and Flonase and I've been on them daily (all year long) for about 4 or 5 years I guess. Perhaps I've built up an immunity to them and it's time to try something else?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
In Houston we've been under a blanket of pollen for weeks. Gutters are completely clogged, back of the pickup is loaded with pollen from the trees, car windows are yellow. I've been hacking like a TB victim for two weeks.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts