Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Could you use deadly force in this situation?

• Yes, no questions asked

Votes: 80 54.8%
  • No, they gave birth to you and I couldn't

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I'd have to be out in the situation to make that call

Votes: 60 41.1%
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that you/your wife/child were endangered by a family member-such as your mother/father. To the point where they have legal papers preventing them from coming onto your property because of threats and prior assaults. If things escalated to the point where you had to defend your immediate household family, would you be able to pull the trigger? With the castle doctrine/stand your ground etc. implied?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Damn straight! If a family member doesn't respect you enough,that they wish to cause you harm. By all means necessary "Protect your Family" !

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first option is KO them and hold them til the cops got there, but if they have a weapon it's game over.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I voted Option, C.

I guess if it came down to a me or him situation, it's gonna have to be him.

I also think that if a situation with a family member was so shitty that you have a protection order against that person, you would have to assume that you really don't consider them a family member at that point, and shooting them in self defense would make it an easier choice. Just my .02

I would still have to be in the situation to really know if I could shoot him though.......

·
Beer Pong Champ (Retired)
6,830 Posts
Of course

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For one i i would never take out legal papers...they would have never made it that far:p
I was overseas and they attacked my wife while I was gone. My mom and step-dad..and my wife was on the phone with 911 and they tried taking the phone away. They left and sheriffs dept wouldn't do anything. A buddy with a different dept said he'd file interfering with a 911 call and assault/domestic violence but it wasn't his jurisdiction and the sheriffs dept wouldn't.

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't spoken to them in 4 years but they still drive by and I can't stop that.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
You guys are making the matter fuzzy so you don't have to make a choice.

Family member has put you or a loved one in mortal danger. The choice isn't if you can "hug it out". It's if you could pull the trigger if you had to. All other options have been exhausted.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
lol, so u want to shot your mom.. wow i bet she is proud that u are her son, and lets her the hole fucking story as to why they were fighting.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I was overseas and they attacked my wife while I was gone. My mom and step-dad and my wife was on the phone with 911 and they tried taking the phone away. They left and sheriffs dept wouldn't do anything. A buddy with a different dept said he'd file interfering with a 911 call and assault/domestic violence but it wasn't his jurisdiction and the sheriffs dept wouldn't.

I voted A. Anyone who wishes harm on a family member, even if they are a family member, is not "family".

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I was overseas and they attacked my wife while I was gone. My mom and step-dad..and my wife was on the phone with 911 and they tried taking the phone away. They left and sheriffs dept wouldn't do anything. A buddy with a different dept said he'd file interfering with a 911 call and assault/domestic violence but it wasn't his jurisdiction and the sheriffs dept wouldn't.
File it with the state police then. And if they ignore you go to the papers/news. There is no fucking excuse for not enforcing the law. There are guys walking around with domestic abuse convictions for grabbing their girl/wife's wrist a little too hard.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
lol, so u want to shot your mom.. wow i bet she is proud that u are her son, and lets her the hole fucking story as to why they were fighting.
Yes, if my mother was about to kill my kid I would drop her. She would do the same thing.

You're kind of libtard "we will work it out no matter what" thinking will be the downfall of us all.

"Oh, those terrorists aren't bad people, we just need to understand each other better".

"It's not that pedophile's fault, they were abused as a kid".

"It's not that crack heads fault, his parents were divorced".

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I would go get my family and move before i went to prison

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Yes, if my mother was about to kill my kid I would drop her. She would do the same thing.

You're kind of libtard "we will work it out no matter what" thinking will be the downfall of us all.

"Oh, those terrorists aren't bad people, we just need to understand each other better".

"It's not that pedophile's fault, they were abused as a kid".

"It's not that crack heads fault, his parents were divorced".
listen fuck head, there is no dem. in me at all. but for a pussy as mother fucker to come here and ask this question is ball less, and 2 these post never go away, know if he did and they found this he will be charged with murder. there is more to the story u half brain ******.:smt097:smt097:smt097

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,630 Posts
LETS HEAR THE WHOLE STORY......I'M NOT GETTING IT....WHO ATTACKED YOUR WIFE??

·
Beer Pong Champ (Retired)
6,830 Posts
LETS HEAR THE WHOLE STORY......I'M NOT GETTING IT....WHO ATTACKED YOUR WIFE??

Nobody. She's been bangin his brother. :p

1 - 20 of 107 Posts