Yellow Bullet Forums banner

How do you use a transbrake

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
T/S 368E
35,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Guy from another site, tells me I don't know how to use my brake. I put it to the wood & then let go of button at the proper time.
Says he & MOST people from Ohio don't. They let go of button, THEN floor it, to get the extra shot from the carb.
Tells me I would get a better 60' his way.
What the hell, have I been doing it wrong all these years. Oh yea, and everyone I ever met also??

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts

Guy from another site, tells me I don't know how to use my brake. I put it to the wood & then let go of button at the proper time.
Says he & MOST people from Ohio don't. They let go of button, THEN floor it, to get the extra shot from the carb. Tells me I would get a better 60' his way.
What the hell, have I been doing it wrong all these years. Oh yea, and everyone I ever met also??

To me, that would be very inconsistent.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts

Says he & MOST people from Ohio don't. They let go of button, THEN floor it, to get the extra shot from the carb.

I've been doing if the same you have been for the past 5 years or so...

·
Registered
11,270 Posts

I'm from Ohio and I don't know anyone who does it the way he does.....

Some peoples kids.......

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I go dead against the converter with no two step... always works well 60 fts low 1.30's...but everyone tells me it will 60 ft better if I let the converter flash some....Are they correct? How much under the converter stall is the best to start experimenting? 3100lb car BBC with glide,5500 converter, ladder bar car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I go dead against the converter with no two step... always works well 60 fts low 1.30's...but everyone tells me it will 60 ft better if I let the converter flash some....Are they correct? How much under the converter stall is the best to start experimenting? 3100lb car BBC with glide,5500 converter, ladder bar car.
I was using the rev limiter built into the MSD 7530 box and decided to try launching straight off the converter. Biggest difference is my reaction time is consistently better off the converter. Guess the rev limiter can slow down the car's reaction.
I can add or subtract a couple degrees of timing rather than using different RPM launches with just as much success. The only thing I remember to do is I do not floor the accelerator down until both cars are fully staged so I don't overheat the transmission fluid.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
You might as well save the money on a transbrake trans and footbrake if you are gonna do it that way. I dont know where some of these people come up with this shit!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Usually 500 under stall speed to start...........i have best luck with 3700 chip on a 5100 stall.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only time that I will let off button and then go to gas is when im bracket racing when opponent dial-in is alot slower then mine. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Love to see new guys with the faster car on two-step for 2 sec. waiting for tree to drop.:rolleyes::rolleyes: :smt073

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I guess I'm the oddball here. I bracket race and run Top/SuperPro (delay box class) and a couple of years ago I switched to letting go of the button then going WOT. With my pop's car, I take the idle up to about 1800 after I turn the top light on, then bump in. I have found the car sits "still" better after I apply the brake with the idle higher. I guess his car likes the higher pump pressure. And considering I usually am set to go double oh, the last thing I need is for the car to roll another inch after I set the 'brake. With a 4800 low side chip, a 5800 convertor, and a Ron's Injection set up, it will go "pop pop" right before the brake releases every time. With either car I drive, I have not found any consistancy differences doing it either way. I was told it's easier on the convertor to do it this way, but that's unconfirmed. I do know it took some getting used to when I made the switch to releasing the button this way.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
I bump the car into beams where I want it, press the TB button, then hold button till other car is in.
Whack the throttle then release on yellows.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts