·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poison singer near death???
Thursday, April 15, 2010 Email article | Print article | RSS
Report: Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

Originally posted 44 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to People.com.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the report, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

According to the report, Michaels underwent several tests -- including CAT Scans and MRIs.

The report claims it was determined Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

Story developing ...

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
The appendix deal was here in San Antonio.
He was playing Sea World I believe.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,115 Posts
The report claims it was determined Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

WHAT CAUSES THIS? I WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY!...EVEN THOUGH HIS MUSIC SUX!:)

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
The date says the 15th of this month, I haven't seen it anywhere on the news, and aren't they still showing him on Celebrity Apprentice? The guy has always had his health issues. Best of luck to him.

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
A hemorrhage of any type is bad news, especially so if your a Diabetic like Brett. Hope he recovers.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
The date says the 15th of this month, I haven't seen it anywhere on the news, and aren't they still showing him on Celebrity Apprentice? The guy has always had his health issues. Best of luck to him.
The NY Times has just posted it 14 minutes ago. Must be the TMZ date is incorrect.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I work in the ICU and if he does have a big bleed like it states he is dead, he just don't know it yet! You don't recover from a brain stem bleed, it just may take you a long time to die.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
A hemmorhage at the brain stem is extremely serious. If it is truley massive he will not make it. Without the brainstem your body controls nothing--temp control, breathing etc. Sub-arachnoid bleed only indicates that is is below the arachnoid matter-one of 3 layers that surrounds the brain so it may not be as bad as it sounds. May just need a burr hole to drain

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
79540 WHAT CAUSES THIS? I WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY!...EVEN THOUGH HIS MUSIC SUX!:)[/QUOTE said:
You know you love it, goes well with babysitting puppies and fixing Camaros:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::butthead:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i wish him luck with this.never a fan of his music but watched rock of love and he seemed a lot cooler than i thought he would be.

·
Registered
13,510 Posts
Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

Originally posted 35 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0lyTlhBQd

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
If this is true about Brett...I hope everything works out in his favor! Best Of Luck Brett! :supz:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts