Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on gathering all my fuel system components and I need some pointing in the right direction on how to plumb this thing, so I can order everything I need. Aeromotive was no help to me, and that is why im seeking help here. Ive got an Aeromotive Belt driven pump, Fuel Cell in the trunk. My plan now is to purchase a Weldon A2040 Regulator. I need this to support a Boosted 2000HP on EFI. What Size AN Feed line, Return line. Also how should I plumb it from the pump to the Regulator, fuel rails, ETC. Im also under the impression I need a fuel shut of valve? how should I incorporate this in the system? This is my first Turbo EFI build, Any help would be greatly Appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
fuel cell to pump -12 line
-10 pump to "Y" then -8 to rails
-8's to reg then -10 or -12 return

fuel cutoff will have to bypass rails I believe. I dont have any expirience with the cutoffs but I believe it is supposed to route from the pump directly to the return with the cable pulled. Most will say a -10 is enough for the return but Ive always liked the idea of running the same size line as the feed just to avoid any weird issues with fuel pressure backing up.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Lason is correct for the most part . You will only need a -8 return line though .

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You need to use the Aeromotive regulator that was designed for belt drive pumps...i wouldnt use the Weldon...but everything else seems right

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you run the fuel cell in the trunk you will need a cable drive. That is for putting the pump in the trunk with the cell. Put at least a -10 return to the trunk. You can purchase a cable drive trough Allen Dudlley.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuel cell to pump -12 line
-10 pump to "Y" then -8 to rails
-8's to reg then -10 or -12 return

fuel cutoff will have to bypass rails I believe. I dont have any expirience with the cutoffs but I believe it is supposed to route from the pump directly to the return with the cable pulled. Most will say a -10 is enough for the return but Ive always liked the idea of running the same size line as the feed just to avoid any weird issues with fuel pressure backing up.
Let me see if I understand this correctly.. -12 Line from the cell to the pump. -10 out of the pump to the regulator, then a Y stepping down to -8 to the back of each fuel rail, -12 return from the regulator? If I run a seperate -8 line into the back of each rail what should I do about the other open end of the fuel rails?

·
Registered
326 Posts
No the regulator will be AFTER the rails. You want as little if any restrictions before the rails so they have every chance to get all the fuel they need. Here is a drawing to make it a little more clear for ya.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im working on gathering all my fuel system components and I need some pointing in the right direction on how to plumb this thing, so I can order everything I need. Aeromotive was no help to me, and that is why im seeking help here. Ive got an Aeromotive Belt driven pump, Fuel Cell in the trunk. My plan now is to purchase a Weldon A2040 Regulator. I need this to support a Boosted 2000HP on EFI. What Size AN Feed line, Return line. Also how should I plumb it from the pump to the Regulator, fuel rails, ETC. Im also under the impression I need a fuel shut of valve? how should I incorporate this in the system? This is my first Turbo EFI build, Any help would be greatly Appreciated, Thanks!
Call me when you're ready to order hose & fittings. Go check out the website http://www.perfhosedist.com/, I have great pricing on Aeroquip and it's in stock.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It will but remember when you accelerate mass is going to want to remain at rest, that includes fuel. Your pump is trying to suck up the fuel into the inlet while all that fuel is running away with its tail tucked between it's legs like Jeremy Glass after catching Moparchris out of the corner of his eye. If you don't plan on cutting a 60' lower than like 1.3 you probably won't have problems with the belt drive in the front with a cell in the back. Also you need to have that fuel pump mounted as low as possible.

a belt drive pump wont pump fuel to the motor if cell is in trunk?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cell in the truck, aeromotive pump up front.

-12 from tank to filter, -10 to pump, -10 to filter to Y block to -8's, -8 to rails, -8 from rails to regulator, -10 back to tank.

we don't have any issues with that, and go sub 1.3 without a problem.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Orme Brothers Inc. is offering a summer sale on all of our lines of Performance Hose and Fittings. These include, RedHorse, Brown and Miller, and in house custom assemblies. On top of our normal 15% racer discount, we are offering an additional 10% off of your performance hose and fitting purchase. Any order over $500 will also recieve free ground shipping (50 states only). Just mention you saw this add on YB.com

Check out the following links to our suppliers

www.redhorsedirect.com
www.bmrs.net

Thanks for your support

Joel Orme
877-676-3277
www.ormebrothers.com

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
Instead of cable drive just use an A1000 in series with the fuel line.Use a pressure switch to switch the pump of when the engine is running,or use an on/off switch....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
the weldon 2040 doesnt flow enough fuel for a belt drive pump...we run a fuel cell in teh back with a mechanical pump with no problems, 1.21 60 ft and 4.84 in the 1/8 on radials

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
the weldon 2040 doesnt flow enough fuel for a belt drive pump...we run a fuel cell in teh back with a mechanical pump with no problems, 1.21 60 ft and 4.84 in the 1/8 on radials

what pump are you running?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
we run a kinsler on one car and an aeromotive on the most other cars

1 - 20 of 29 Posts