Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i go with 1/2 pvc or 3/4 for routine shop stuff. Biggest impact i have is a 1/2 drive, i will be getting a 3/4 drive impact for random stuff on my dump truck.

Will 1/2" PVC be sufficient?

·
Registered
39 Posts
X2 on iron pipe, no cooling of air with PVC air needs to be cooled in order to get the moisture out.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any other reasons to stay away from PVC other than becoming brittle over the years. PVC is easy to replace and cheap. Its gonna run on a beam thats 8ft high...no ones gonna get near it

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1/2"pvc with copper ends pvc breaks when cold

hell we have PVC pipes outside for the water hose..sticks out 2 feet wrapped with insulation. Over 15 years no problems. Gonna be a bit warmer in the shop anyways. Thanks for the warning though

·
Confused Racer
40,279 Posts
hell we have PVC pipes outside for the water hose..sticks out 2 feet wrapped with insulation. Over 15 years no problems. Gonna be a bit warmer in the shop anyways. Thanks for the warning though

water hose doesn't have 175lbs in it. like i said i uses it here and at home no explosions yet...........

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
diameter will depend on how long the run is, how many drop offs and also how much volume of air you will be using. If this is for your home garage I would recommend a 3/4 main with 1/2" drop offs. Remember to add drip legs if they are going to sensitive equipment. Remember to us a 3 to 1 rule before going into a coalescing filter. Also add some shut off valves at the main in case you have a mishap.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Copper or iron...I have been in two different shops that had PVC let loose..Was not pretty,sent one guy to the hospital with pvc chunks in his arm.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts