Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a set of Autolites 3924, motor only tuning. This is a SBF 363 ci nitous motor IS fogger. This was a test on motor, 32* total timing, compression 13:1, TW heads and victor JR ported abd balanced. I put a new carb on it from Bigs Performace, 950 stage 5 for nitrous. I tested like he sent it to me. Front jets are 78 and rears are 85. Base on these plugs do I need to take jet out from front and rear? Spark plugs have 2 full 1/4 mile passes.

Edgar

·
Registered
936 Posts
more timing edgar

·
Registered
988 Posts
A little more timing and it will prolly clean up that fuel ring at the bottom.

I'm assuming you didn't drive it back to the pits, next time swap out for a new set with each run.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what did it run? What carb was on it before? Also what trans are you running? Good looking car.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hope you are not going to spray with those plugs, they are alittle hot for my taste.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't mind me asking, what did it run? What carb was on it before? Also what trans are you running? Good looking car.
Car is a Power glide car 1.76 gear and 4.10s, 3500 PTC Nitrous tight converter. Carb that was on it before was a Pro System 750cfm. Could never get the plugs to look like this very lean, no matter what jet was on the carb, it will not get richer. And on the juice most of the time melt down taking out a bunch of timing. On motor 11.45 at 123.88 mph with the old carb and great weather, with this new carb 11.59 at 123.88 mph with terrible weather 90*. No on the juice I run NGK-10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts