Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 418 ls motor in a 99 camaro, he has a ls l92 edelbrock victor jr intake with a fast throttle body. He is going carbureted and wondering what he should do with the injector holes in the intake?

Has anybody ever welded the holes up or plugged the holes with something? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I have seen small freeze plugs used before

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Mikey, I would use the Pro-line ones like someone else mentioned. They aren't that expensive and if you ever want to go back to injection....it's a plug and play deal.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mainly its a reliability issue. He is tired of paying people to tune the car and it never being right. Im not an LS guy at all but I assume the hp numbers would be close either way he goes, but mainly it comes down to a ton of people being able to tune a carburetor and not as many people being able to tune it with efi.

If anybody knows the part number on the freeze plugs or what they came out of that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Re: Plugging injector holes?
Mikey, I would use the Pro-line ones like someone else mentioned. They aren't that expensive and if you ever want to go back to injection....it's a plug and play deal.

No don't use those stupid purpose built plugs....Drill and Tap them for pipe plugs......LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts