Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would a good starting point be for gap on a 421 sbc, with dart 15* heads, 48cc chamber, on C16. Motor was built to run NA, went 9.20's, changed converter and running 8.50 index now. With an NX fogger using there jets that say 300hp, 31n, 24f. what should/would a good starting point be on the plug gap?? posted in wrong section originally..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
492 Posts
If that motor was built to run N/A, I'd be REAL worried about spraying 300hp in it. Do you have any technical info on your engine build? Im mainly curious what your ring gaps are.

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really have no idea, its a friends car that i help out with. we have been running it with the same jets in it for a year now, running 8.50 index stuff, and usually right on. everything is looking good and running good. i just know he changed plugs, and gapped them at .030, and it slowed down from last pass going 8.504 to 8.620 with similar conditions. i'm not sure what they were gapped to previously, but .030 seems like a lot to me. i run a turbo car and i'm at .016. his ignition is a 7al2, with the grid to control timing, and a pro power coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts