Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
yup 6200 on nitrous with you using a glide you dont have a ton of gear so you need the converter/motor to have max torque to get car moving

·
Registered
644 Posts
A couple things to consider from a transmission/converter stand point. First off I can't debate one way or the other on the companies wanting to sell more product so don't take this that way but the "ideal" stall speed isn't as exact a science as the converter companies would have you think. Also unless I missed it you didn't say what low gear was in the glide so if I'm to assume it's the common 1.80 then they are having to build to deal with that large ratio change as well as flash speed at the release of transbrake. Lastly I have ran into this before, if you tell them all your engine stuff AND that you will be hitting it with 600 they are going to build it for the highest horsepower it will see, this means it will be tightish there, but certainly TIGHT below that level.

·
Super Moderator
12,191 Posts
I guess because I'm a nitrous guy and curious you're basically talking about two stages ?? But we do not really have the proper info to give educated replies to the issue for the most part..

The Big Shot tune up you mentioned is pretty rich likely. We do not know what the other system you're talking about as a 400 hp tune is ??? We do not know timing numbers, fuel type, or plug used either ???

The more real info posted the more real feedback you can get..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I guess because I'm a nitrous guy and curious you're basically talking about two stages ?? But we do not really have the proper info to give educated replies to the issue for the most part..

The Big Shot tune up you mentioned is pretty rich likely. We do not know what the other system you're talking about as a 400 hp tune is ??? We do not know timing numbers, fuel type, or plug used either ???

Ok. I will try to gather more of that info today. And thankyou!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Ok...
The plate kit is the first kit engaged. He said it's currently at 91n/83f set at 6.5 lbs flowing.

The second kit (fogger) is 29n/23f set at 7 lbs flowing.

Timing was 8 degrees total on both. 12 taken out for first kit, 10 taken out on second.

The converter data logged a 6200 flash.

And I was wrong in the car's total weight.......it is actually 3565 race weight.

He said that he's aware that the systems are fat, and he plans on adding timing at the track and making some short 300 foot passes and shutting off to read some plugs.

What are your thoughts? I thankyou ahead of time for your advice and patience on this.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I think you need to tune 1 kit first. Get it right,don't just add timing to clean up a fat tune up. I've seen it tried and it ends up expensive. Is there any delay before they first kit comes on? Take your time and spark plugs are your friend. Good luck

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I’d make it 91/75 and pull 10 on first kit and leave second kit at 29/23 flow at 6.5 and pull 10 and make a 330’pass and check plugs and tune from there

21 - 34 of 34 Posts