Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has every raced at the House of Hook knows it is one of the best record-setting tracks there is! If you live in the area, please come out and support the cause next week to keep them from having to change to make the neighbors happy.

Jeff, Angel and Angie have put so much into that place to make it the best for racing, support outlaw racing, and any censorship at this point will just lead to more in the future.

From Jeff: Carolina Dragway Needs support Tuesday Jan 18th @ 4pm This will be a public forum so that everyone can have there say! If the County makes us close at 10pm it will hurt us. 828 Richland Ave W Aiken SC, We need EVERYONE there!

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
They are really trying to come on them hard. I hope the gov has no such luck; HoH is a magic track.

This is the starting of how the old Cooper River track got shut down. in chucktown. Started with the noise, then the times, then days. It was a mess. Track got torn down for sub divisions......last time I was threw there it was nothing but growed up grass with a road paved threw it, and those white pvc pipes sticking up marking the lots.....:-gay very sad.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Ellen, I'll copy and post your comments on a couple sites I go to that you may not. Maybe it'll help.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Anyone that lives near there needs to be there. Let one thing get changed and then it's a snowball effect from there on.

·
Registered
16,543 Posts
Can't be there, (Canadian) but good luck with the fight.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
It fucking chaps my ass when some retard builds a house next to an existing business that makes noise and then wants the business to close or change the way it runs to please them. Horseshit!!!!!!!!!

I wish I lived a reasonable driving distance, I would be there........

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are really trying to come on them hard. I hope the gov has no such luck; HoH is a magic track.

This is the starting of how the old Cooper River track got shut down. in chucktown. Started with the noise, then the times, then days. It was a mess. Track got torn down for sub divisions......last time I was threw there it was nothing but growed up grass with a road paved threw it, and those white pvc pipes sticking up marking the lots.....:-gay very sad.

i heard that they gave up on it ...and didnt want to fight it .... i was talking to someone and thats what they said. that nothing was out there.....

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I watched the track near my house Dallas, Georgia close several years ago to build a Kroger grocery store. They said it was better for the community Guess what? Still no grocery store!

Save our dragstrips!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I posted your comment on the Union County Dragway site and the announcer or track owner from Union say one or both of them are going.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have posted this on facebook, goodluck Jeff, Angel and Angie, I hate to see this happen or even have too see yall fight for this, been there before with my home track I grew up at CooperRiver Dragway (lowcountry), its a tough thing and hope yall have alot of support which Im sure yall do and come out on TOP, Love racing there Keep up the good work

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
is there someone or someplace I can email? I cant get out of here early enough to make it but would like to help if I can. Who's complain'n its in the middle of nowhere?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This went on a few years back at Huntsville. Huntsville Dragway is now the ONLY facility in Madison county that has a noise curfew.
I hope they get more support than our track had at the meeting.

Good luck!!!!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,779 Posts
Seems like tracks everywhere have this problem. Maybe more of them should institute their own noise-controls like mufflers. Would show the surrounding community you're willing to try and compromise. What's better, racing until 10:00PM with mufflers or not racing at all?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Seems like tracks everywhere have this problem. Maybe more of them should institute their own noise-controls like mufflers. Would show the surrounding community you're willing to try and compromise. What's better, racing until 10:00PM with mufflers or not racing at all?
Why when the track was there long before any homes were???
This happend with our little leage teams home park. Moved a bunch of trailers in on the fence line and the fuckers complained enough to get the park shut down.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,779 Posts
All the tracks that I go to have gone through this. Gotta blame the developers, the real estate agents, the local politicians...... Everyone looking-out for their own pockets, simple as that. I certainly do not agree with it at all, but money corrupts, simple as that. Hell, I can't think of one track I race at that does not have a curfew anymore. They used to race 'till finished, 2,3 in the morning..........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts