Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have been moving along nicely on my SBF motor, but ran into a problem. My 77 tooth cog pulley is hittin the CSR water pump. Pulley has the 6-rib on the back for my factory alternator (good idea or bad?? :smt102)

You can see in the pics its hitting the pump pigtail ( I will re-clock to fix) but its also hittin the pump motor itself, as its cocked and won't allow the blower pulley to even sit flush and bolt up to the balancer.

I was just holding the pulley up in the pic, so the angle is not EXACT to the water pump like it should be, but you get the idea.

Procharger suggested a 73, but I don't think its enough to clear, is there anything smaller??

Do I :
1-go smaller on the pulley and upsize the blower puley?
2- go remote mount?
3- get the meizere pump as I "heard" it's mounted higher and clears??

procharger will exchange my pulleys no prob, but I'm not sure I will gain enough. . .

what are you SBF dudes doing on your set ups??

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
770 Posts
if you can weld alum. put a small pie cut in the extention tubes from the block and weld em' back. pump will set at a lil' angle but you'd be runnin' for a lil' time and keep your same setup for hoses, pulleys, ect......................sounds like a joke....but it's not, just an idea lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would call Procharger and get someone to measure the actual OD of a 73 tooth. Bolt your water pump on and use a square or whatever to measure up from the center of the crank/balancer to bottom of the pump. If they will exchange pulleys, I think thats the cheapest/easiest solution. Keep in mind it will change your belt length requirement, and how close the belt is to other accessories/brackets.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, Procharger told me the 73 was 7.25 and i measured the 77 at 7.625, leaving me with .375 or 3/8''. I don't know if thats gonna be enough, as you gotta split that number in half of course (for aech side.) Is there a 70 tooth or somethin like that??

I have a local guy with a meizere so I will take some measurements off that as well.

I don't have the bracket on yet as there's no heads on yet. I wonder if the belt will hit bad once it's pulled up, towards the tensioner/ blower??

Chros

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The remote is the way to go. If you want to change pully sizes later and go bigger , you have the option. They are simple to install and work great. I had a 92 tooth crank when I ran a F1r. Also if you decide to go gear drive later it wont be a problem either.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I go remote mount, what size lines are you guys running?? -12 to the pump or 10, 16?? and then I assume 16 from the pump to the rad??

I have been searching for remote mounts and meizere bolt on pumps, guess we'll see what I can come up with.

Talked to procharger and the 73 tooth is basically the lowest I can go for power/rpm, so it looks like its a pump change for me.

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts