Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Depends on the weight of the car and how accurate the pressure gauge is. Try 10.5psi and go up/down from there.

·
"Made" Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim Monson said:
Depends on the weight of the car and how accurate the pressure gauge is. Try 10.5psi and go up/down from there.
3400lbs, i was told i might have traction issues because the sidewall will be so stretched tight. does that sound right? i was also told they wear out alot quiker when they are mounted on such a widde rim....

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Most guys (including me) run them on a 14" wide rim. It helps keep the footprint as wide as possible when the tire grows. Some guys use as wide as a 16" rim. Take a look at this pic from top end. This is a 14" rim. I wouldn't want to go any less than 14" wide or the tire tread might get too narrow at speed.

·
"Made" Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim Monson said:
Most guys (including me) run them on a 14" wide rim. It helps keep the footprint as wide as possible when the tire grows. Some guys use as wide as a 16" rim. Take a look at this pic from top end. This is a 14" rim. I wouldn't want to go any less than 14" wide or the tire tread might get too narrow at speed.

thanx jim youve been alot of help! i think i met you before at ubly? i have a 95 teal camaro w/bbc

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Glad to help out. It's been a couple of years since we ran at Ubly. I think I still had my old car the last time I ran there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts