Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crewing for a rail now with a 565 bbc 1680lbs without driver. Probably 1900 with. Currently has a plate system. It had 275 pills now but can go as high as 350. I managed to get a good tune in it ran and ran a 4.517. This was in perfect air which will equate to a 4.60's during mid summer to early fall. I need to pick this rail up a tenth and would switching to a fogger give me that tenth. Will a fogger hit softer allowing more hp from the fogger vs a plate. Motor is high 800 to low 900 NA. engine builder says keep it around 1200 to last a season. My thinking is if it hits softer I can throw 350 to 375 at it to hit the 4.50 mark. With 275 shot in dead of summer 3700' air it will run a 4.64 to a 4.67. I need this down to a 4.55 at the slowest. We race a few quick 16 series and at more than a few track 4.59 will not get you in. Everything I have read shows the fogger system being better at producing more power and easier on the motor. I always thought a plate system is only as good as your intake and we all know they do not distribute fuel and air equally to all cylinders. I don't know I could be way out in left field picking daisy's. PRI is coming up real soon so I figured I would talk to a few reps and see what they think. I would love to hear from a few of you who have ran both.
Please and thank you!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Can possibly try spraying the 350 and manage with timing or progressive. There are plates out there like the sledgehammer from Induction Solutions that will go 700hp with the large noids. Might be an option rather than reinventing the wheel so to speak and having to send off intake for fogger install.

Best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I went from a NX plate w/ 100 shot,....to a 200 shot on an I.S. Fogger,......and even considering it's twice as much,....the Fogger definitely hits my 598 much softer.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went from a NX plate w/ 100 shot,....to a 200 shot on an I.S. Fogger,......and even considering it's twice as much,....the Fogger definitely hits my 598 much softer.
That's what I was looking for! I am dancing around peak HP before it scatters. I have the delay set at .030, does it hit soft enough I could lower it without shake.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Figure out why it shakes and how to fix it. Changing tire pressure and playing with wheelie bar height can fix a lot. Even launch rpm. Foggers hit softer for sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figure out why it shakes and how to fix it. Changing tire pressure and playing with wheelie bar height can fix a lot. Even launch rpm. Foggers hit softer for sure. Good luck.
I have already, thats when we got the 4.51 out of it. I delayed N2O from .010 to .030 raised tire pressure from 6 to 6.5 and knocked down the launch from 4800 to 4200. It pulled the wheels up and kept them up a good while, before it would shake every run.
What I am worried about is the rods and crack are good for 1,200hp. They are eagle. If the fogger hits softer I can got a little more to help make up the tenth I will be down this summer. Last dyno was 875 na. With the 275 in it now 1,150. I was hoping due to it coming in softer I could go up to a 325 or 350 shot and not scatter it.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Do you have data? Is it shaking from to much or not enough wheel speed? The sooner you can get it turned on the faster you'll go with that tune up. Also would let you know how your converter is doing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I might be wrong here. Could you not put a progressive on it and leave on the nitrous? The .3 delay is a lot when talking about ET. I think you could do what your wanting to do with the plate and current 275 jets. I could be wrong though. Hope this helps.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,542 Posts
I might be wrong here. Could you not put a progressive on it and leave on the nitrous? The .3 delay is a lot when talking about ET. I think you could do what your wanting to do with the plate and current 275 jets. I could be wrong though. Hope this helps.
That's .030, not 0.3

I delayed N2O from .010 to .030

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I know this isn't what you asked, but you might consider hiring a tuner for a day instead of throwing parts at it. You might find your tenth without having to make more power.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know this isn't what you asked, but you might consider hiring a tuner for a day instead of throwing parts at it. You might find your tenth without having to make more power.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Their have been three and so far in the heat I was the fastest. We are maxed out on horsepower in the heat with the plate. That is why I am asking about the fogger system and how it comes in softer which has allowed users to apply more N2O.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts