Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a plasma tv, i think its a 52 inch anyway there is a spot of light about the size of a pinhead that showed up one night, the next night its gone, the next night it moved about 8 inches and last night there were four, three of them were tiny.
anybody had this problem, hopefully its not dying. just curious if there is a cure.

thanks

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they move around, everytime you turn the tv on they are somewhere else, is there a fix for it?

what should i buy next? i do not want another plasma, for one thing they put out a lot of heat.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Does it stay if you switch channels ?

If it does, its the TV.

I have a 52" Sony Bravia LED for my living room and I like it a lot. Next month it will be a year old and havent had any problems with it at all (knock on wood). If you do netflix, it connects to the internet with no cables and you can go through, pick a movie and watch it right through the TV, no Xbox,Wii,etc required which is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this one has been a good one, if you change channels the 'dots' stay in the same place, the only way they move is when you turn the tv off and i dont know for how long you have to leave it off, i have noticed them when i get home and turn the tv on, and last night i saw 4 of them, there are like little white specs of light.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
I been working on TV's Computer's...etc for years...Lots of time you can open the tv and pull off the flat ribbon cables that plug into the convertors and clean them real good ' will fix it...Lots of times its just bad connections...If it moves around its a bad connection...

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Zero problems with a 50" Panasonic Plasma 720p HDTV.

My eyes are old and I could not see the difference on a blu-ray movie and player on the 1080p next to the 720p which was hundreds cheaper.

·
Another Nobody
11,794 Posts
they move around, everytime you turn the tv on they are somewhere else, is there a fix for it?

what should i buy next? i do not want another plasma, for one thing they put out a lot of heat.

Since they are moving around it could be the "y" board starting to go, Not a big issue if hove some one that actually knows hoe to fix TV's, depending on the brand, it could be as little as 40 for parts and an hour or so of labor, check fleabay for parts. if you think you can do it yourself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts