Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a panasonic plasma tv and was wanting to know if anyone has had a problem with this burn in issue. The issue is when you have a station logo that stays on the screen for an extended period of time it will burn into the sceen and always stay there. Has anyone had this happen?? How long did it take for this to happen?? I didnt realize untill I bought this tv and am now conscious of it how many stations have there logo always on the screen.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Many years ago this was an issue, but nowadays the ghosted image is not permanent. I bought my Panny last year, and love the set. I would suggest breaking the panel in properly. There are a set of images you put on an SD card and run them in slideshow presentation mode for 100 hours. Start here and keep reading. Lots of good info.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=407154

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I went with LCD because I have a lot of windows in the room but everything I read said that burn in was a problem back in the day. When I talked to them at the store they said Plasma TV's would give a better picture in a darker room. I asked the sales person and they said no burn in issues with Plasma or LCD anymore. This was 3 years ago. They move around pixels without you even knowing it or something.

My LCD is on almost 24/7 for 3 years and no problems.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,800 Posts
It was a big issue when they first rolled out. The have systems in place to prevent this from happening. The only exception is if you pause a game for a long period of time. The static image can get burnt, but we are talking about pausing a game for over an hour

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Bought my Panasonic plasma 4 years ago. I game on it and its on all day and most of the night. No issues at all. Good choice on the pan plasma.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It was a big issue when they first rolled out. The have systems in place to prevent this from happening. The only exception is if you pause a game for a long period of time. The static image can get burnt, but we are talking about pausing a game for over an hour
Or when your old lady passes out on the couch playing Wii, and won't come to bed because she is being a bitch. 42" Sanyo, that I acquired in a trade from a few years back ( prob around 5), the select menu of the game ended up burning into the whites on my tv. It was very apparent for a while, but I think it may have fixed itself. I can't say I've noticed it in a while.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife seems to only watch hgtv and the food network and there logo is always on at the bottom of the screen. I wonder how long before this would burn in. I was also told after something has burned in the over all picture quality will continuously diminish.

·
Registered
846 Posts
no more burn in problems with the new plasmas. great pics on my 2 panny plasmas

avsforum.com for all your tv tech needs

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Change to an input that has the snowy static on the screen for a while and it'll pretty much wipe it clean.

I've had a Panasonic 50" Viera for a little over a year now in my bedroom. Sometimes when I first turn it on, before I get picture and the screen is black I'll see a logo from the night before ever so lightly lit above the black background. When the picture hits, it clears it. It's not permanent.

My parents saw mine and decided to get the exact same model for their bedroom. As far as I know, they have no issues with theirs, and they're not techy nor do they understand any of the ways to prevent issues. They probably just watch whatever just like they would have on any other TV they've owned over the years. I also think they've probably got 3-4x more hours on their TV by now... Even though I got mine first.

There's also an app in the TV for screen wiping that runs bars across to clear out issues. I just do the fuzzy channel trick now and then if I feel like it. There's nothing stuck on my screen, though.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Also, if I'm not mistaken, good networks will move their logos in like 1-2 pixel movements now and then to help avoid stuff like this...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts