Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have plasma cutter that will not cut anything on my racecar. will cut anything in shop. is it getting some kinda feedback from my ignition system?....have a 7al, timing controller, 3 step , nitrous controller, etc.....battery is disconnected, weird, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i have plasma cutter that will not cut anything on my racecar. will cut anything in shop. is it getting some kinda feedback from my ignition system?....have a 7al, timing controller, 3 step , nitrous controller, etc.....battery is disconnected, weird, any suggestions?
Well you had all that.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I got a 7al3 i can sell ya lol. Hope all your stuff is ok man def unhook everything thats just a bad idea period dont think i would try it .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, if you are welding or cutting on the car, always make sure to ground on the part your welding / cutting on. I have wasted (2) stainless braided brake lines by welding on the a arms (for limit strap brackets). You will quickly know that you messed up when the nylon comes out and brake fluid is on the floor.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it kicks the low voltage light on, have to turn off and restart. it will cut a piece of metal in the air, lay that piece of metal on the car, kicks the low voltage light on again

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
Also, if you are welding or cutting on the car, always make sure to ground on the part your welding / cutting on. I have wasted (2) stainless braided brake lines by welding on the a arms (for limit strap brackets). You will quickly know that you messed up when the nylon comes out and brake fluid is on the floor.
Too funny, I did this last week. Line went up in fire.

·
Registered
327 Posts
is u welder hooked up too at work if our welders are hooked to the same piece we some sort of feed back through the welder ground (only if the welder is plugged in though) also if the part is grounded to the building it wont work like on our elerctic chainfall

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I would check to see if it's grounded, check the air pressure (too much is just as bad as not enough) and see if all of the consumables are in correctly. Other than this, probably need to get it checked out by a repairman.

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
Check the ground and make sure you have it as close as possible to the area you cutting....."Path of least resistance," that is the way electrons like to go...:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts