Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to have a slow ass bracket/index car for a while with a 18-20ft open trailer pulled by a '00 Silverado 5.3 and not sure what to get(I know some of this info is probably not relevant but thought I'd throw it out there)... My two options currently are a cheap chinese dirt bike for around $500 new out of the box, just assemble it, or either a nice Honda 250 2wd 4 wheeler a friend has for $1500. I'm thinking the benefits to the pit bike is that it takes up less room, is cheaper, and easier to load. On the other hand, the 4 wheeler would allow me to carry a few people to the other end of the track, pull the car back to the trailer if it broke but would be harder to load up and heavier obviously. Also, could I use a truck bed ramp to load the 4 wheeler onto the trailer from the side and then the 4 wheeler not interfere with the winch? Thanks

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i have a chinesium 4 wheels, a coolster small framed 125 that really does a fantastic job for my wife at the track. it has enough power to pull my car even at 8500'. i think im 700-800 into it and its great

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
i have a chinesium 4 wheels, a coolster small framed 125 that really does a fantastic job for my wife at the track. it has enough power to pull my car even at 8500'. i think im 700-800 into it and its great
I bought one of these and love it. Small easy to load and pulls my rail back if I need it.

0628192103.jpg

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
Going to have a slow ass bracket/index car for a while with a 18-20ft open trailer pulled by a '00 Silverado 5.3 and not sure what to get(I know some of this info is probably not relevant but thought I'd throw it out there)... My two options currently are a cheap chinese dirt bike for around $500 new out of the box, just assemble it, or either a nice Honda 250 2wd 4 wheeler a friend has for $1500. I'm thinking the benefits to the pit bike is that it takes up less room, is cheaper, and easier to load. On the other hand, the 4 wheeler would allow me to carry a few people to the other end of the track, pull the car back to the trailer if it broke but would be harder to load up and heavier obviously. Also, could I use a truck bed ramp to load the 4 wheeler onto the trailer from the side and then the 4 wheeler not interfere with the winch? Thanks
OP, where are you located

·
Registered
590 Posts
If your friend is trying to sell you a Honda 250R I would pass. Unless you plan to race it too. A little much for cruzing at the track and most are load as hell and not the good music the cars make.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
If your friend is trying to sell you a Honda 250R I would pass. Unless you plan to race it too. A little much for cruzing at the track and most are load as hell and not the good music the cars make.
He may have been talking about a 250 honda recon , i have one if so not a bad pit quad small enough and not to big .
250R's are pretty bad ass though

·
Registered
590 Posts
He may have been talking about a 250 honda recon , i have one if so not a bad pit quad small enough and not to big .
250R's are pretty bad ass though
I figured since his friend was asking 1500 it would be a 250R. Now way an old 250 Recon is worth anything close to that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured since his friend was asking 1500 it would be a 250R. Now way an old 250 Recon is worth anything close to that.
It's not a race quad. I think I've maybe seen it but can't remember for a fact. I'm not too good at knowing 4 wheeler values but I do know that if it's like everything else he owns, it's practically brand new and could eat off of it. I asked him a week or so what ago, it was and he thought it was a fourtrax but I'm not sure if that's correct since I haven't seen any 250 fourtrax models. It's possible that it could be a fourtrax but not a 250. Anyway, I'll take a look at it soon and use my best judgement. He offers me great deals on things than he does to most anyone else he knows.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
It's not a race quad. I think I've maybe seen it but can't remember for a fact. I'm not too good at knowing 4 wheeler values but I do know that if it's like everything else he owns, it's practically brand new and could eat off of it. I asked him a week or so what ago, it was and he thought it was a fourtrax but I'm not sure if that's correct since I haven't seen any 250 fourtrax models. It's possible that it could be a fourtrax but not a 250. Anyway, I'll take a look at it soon and use my best judgement. He offers me great deals on things than he does to most anyone else he knows.
Honda & Yamaha 4 stroke engines & atvs are about the best you can get for dependability. You can get any part you need if anything brakes. They almost always start & run forever. Unlike the newer chineese cheap bikes & quads that run for a year or 2 & then brake & you have a hard time fixing them let alone getting parts for it.
I have a 2004 Yamaha 450 that I bought new to used to at the race track. I had to replace the battery other wise its been flaw less for over 1500 miles of mostly pushing/pulling a 3000# car around the race tracks.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Sounds like a Bicycle would work just fine .

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
I've used a beat up old Yamaha Jog for years now. Think it's a 95, probably got it in early 200x. Beside from a carburetor and batteries it's been worth the $300 a buddy and I paid for it. Got an 05 Zuma a few years ago to replace it but it had issues and I'm just now motivated to work on it, meanwhile the Jog just keeps going. Bought a nice 2012 Zuma last week! It's a 4stroke so we'll see on it. Hope when I'm done I'll have 2 for the trailer and one to sell or run around the neighborhood with.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Sounds like a Bicycle would work just fine .
Back when we raced a lot more I had a trail type bike for the track and enjoyed it.

Racing friend, who goes rounds, uses one. When they call us after sitting around for hours he will get on it and ride for a bit to get the blood flowing again.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts