Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for 4.165 bore 6"stroke am I wrong in thinking that a 4.160 piston is going to be right on

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
So

So..... you are buying a piston to fit your bore size? Normally, you buy your piston and hone the cylinder to proper clearance. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your question.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
6 inch stroke or rod length?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yea! correction! 4" stroke and 4.160 pistons for a 4.165 bore and yes buying pistons looking for pistons 4 possible block swap.Have a 434 sbc right now with a serious knock havent opened her up yet but I might have found an Iron eagle thats been punched out allready and since the skirts on my Ross pistons are scratched was thinking on a used set of JE's that are in good shape.......mind you this is for a weekend cruise car and I need to use every thing that I can from the 434 right now due to lack of funds,yes i realize that the eagle has a raise cam location... and will need a new cam
again! just dont have the confidence on the oem block anymore

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 4.165 bore block was more than likely bored, then honed to fit a 4.165 piston ... not a 4.160. As far as the cam, you can still use your existing cam (I'm sure it's a small base circle) unless the cam journals aren't standard on the Dart block. Then there is a different pan, shorter pushrods, different timing chain, slip collar distributor & oil pump shaft that will have to be run with the Iron Eagle. And if it is a tall deck, intake spacers and maybe headers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts