Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Which would you recommend for a carbureted street strip car?
Were you serious about a mixture of both?
I would definitely use lateral gas ports, in conjunction with the .9mm ring pack mentioned earlier by Chris and Bob.

And yes, most teams use lateral, but I know some teams have used a combination of both.

·
Registered
511 Posts
O.K. thanks. Won't be using any power adders so hopefully I can find a pop up piston for the Cleveland with that ring and ports.
I PM'd you a while ago about headers, just mentioning it because I'm not sure if PM's are working or not.

·
Registered
511 Posts
diamond may have a shelf piston for that application.
  • That'd be nice. I have diamond flat tops now, seem like a good piston and took some abuse from being lean, and likely some detonation also. Still have to get my finished bore size figured out but last time they made them to fit my bore of 4.034

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
  • That'd be nice. I have diamond flat tops now, seem like a good piston and took some abuse from being lean, and likely some detonation also. Still have to get my finished bore size figured out but last time they made them to fit my bore of 4.034
Just make sure you can get rings for your bore.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just make sure you can get rings for your bore.
That's how I'm understanding it. Find the best piston/ring pack that I can afford for my application and make my bore to suit. I'm fairly limited on a stock type block though. But thanks, I'll do the research on the pistons and rings before I decide on bore size.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts