Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is Yellow bullet bitch, don't like it, stay out with your whimp ass 400 post count.

WTF have you added here in tech info.... Zip, zilch, nodda...
I on the other hand have.
This forum isn’t the ”trash or be trashed”section dickhead
This forum is for tech .
No one wants to see you or your boyfriend slander off at eachother when reading posts.
I come year to read and learn ,not to listen to you blow your own fucking trumpet and big note yourself. You’re an a grade fuckwit!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
This forum isn’t the ”trash or be trashed”section dickhead
This forum is for tech .
No one wants to see you or your boyfriend slander off at eachother when reading posts.
I come year to read and learn ,not to listen to you blow your own fucking trumpet and big note yourself. You’re an a grade fuckwit!
Well then read, I provide plenty of helpful tech and Don't blow my own trumpet as you say.
Don't like it, use the new ignore feature.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well then read, I provide plenty of helpful tech and Don't blow my own trumpet as you say.
Don't like it, use the new ignore feature.
I have implemented the ignore feature on that other bloke. Personally, I think we all know what he is sprouting is shit. Be the bigger man and use the ignore feature on him.

·
Banned
322 Posts
rather than" blow my own fucking trumpet and big note myself like the fuckwit" Ron Mellinger, 6 time first round loser this past season at Maple Grove, I'll repeat again, an internet forum hack or two posting here would have you believe that famed engine builder Scott Shafiroff who has built more street/strip and drag engines than anyone else in the country and for longer, doesn't have a clue because the ring package he uses in a pump gas, hydraulic roller cammed, 600hp BBC STREET engine exactly like the STREET engine [email protected] is planning and asking about is a 1/16", 1/16", 3/16" ring pack and the pistons in this engine don't have gas ports either 540 Big Block Chevy Pump Gas Engine

these hacks combined don't have the experience, knowledge, championships, resume of an engine builder of Shafiroff's pedegree.

[email protected] opinions are worth what you pay for them, be very careful of whose opinion you trust and follow.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
rather than" blow my own fucking trumpet and big note myself like the fuckwit" Ron Mellinger, 6 time first round loser this past season at Maple Grove, I'll repeat again, an internet forum hack or two posting here would have you believe that famed engine builder Scott Shafiroff who has built more street/strip and drag engines than anyone else in the country and for longer, doesn't have a clue because the ring package he uses in a pump gas, hydraulic roller cammed, 600hp BBC STREET engine exactly like the STREET engine [email protected] is planning and asking about is a 1/16", 1/16", 3/16" ring pack and the pistons in this engine don't have gas ports either 540 Big Block Chevy Pump Gas Engine

these hacks combined don't have the experience, knowledge, championships, resume of an engine builder of Shafiroff's pedegree.

[email protected] opinions are worth what you pay for them, be very careful of whose opinion you trust and follow.
Because he uses the cheapest shit that will work, to increase his profit margin. As has been said, the 1/16 package will work just fine. But there is power AND longevity in the smaller ring pack. And your views on gas ports, really show how little you know about anything engine related. Not saying that to slam you, just stating the FACTS!

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
Let’s make it short, and sweet. Gas ports, and thin rings build power, and last as long, or longer then heavier, and thicker rings, and no gas ports. 1/16th ring pacs will work, and last a long while also, and are less expensive to use. I’d say most cookie cutter engines, built to be less expensive use these avenues to keep prices down, along with other shortcuts. They know their customers ain’t running Comp, so these will work. And the customer is satisfied, and engine runs fine. But again, there’s no argument that thin rings, and gas ports do help performance.

·
Banned
322 Posts
the 1/16 package will work just fine.
we agree
But there is power AND longevity in the smaller ring pack.
not in this engine
And your views on gas ports, really show how little you know about anything engine related. Not saying that to slam you, just stating the FACTS!
you are saying that to slam me. you don't me and therefore don't know what I know. My own race engines that I've built have that make over 1100hp have gas ported pistons and .043, .043, 3mm ring packs. they are also 15:1 engines, make 14 inches of vacuum going down track and they get new rings every season. My bbc street engine in my Camaro makes 650hp and has 1/16", 1/16" 3/16" rings and that engine has 10.9 compression, no vacuum pump and over 30,000 miles on it.

thin rings, and gas ports do help performance.
I along with Scott Shafiroff and many other engine builders disagree for the engine this thread is about.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
we agree

not in this engine
you are saying that to slam me. you don't me and therefore don't know what I know. My own race engines that I've built have that make over 1100hp have .043, .043, 3mm ring packs. they are also 15:1 engines, make 14 inches of vacuum going down track and they get new rings every season. My bbc street engine in my Camaro makes 650hp and has 1/16", 1/16" 3/16" rings and that engine has 10.9 compression, no vacuum pump and over 30,000 miles on it.

I along with Scott Shafiroff and many other engine builders disagree for the engine this thread is about.
[/QUOTE]

Your correct, I dont know you, but I do know from your posts, you obviously don't know much at all about engines or their dynamics!

·
Banned
322 Posts
know enough to build my current 2 championship caliper 1100hp race engines for my cars and the engines in a few other racers cars

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
know enough to build my current 2 championship caliper 1100hp race engines for my cars and the engines in a few other racers cars
Oh Ed, give it a rest.
It is a pitty Kyle has such an asshole for a Dad or uncle or whatever the fuck you are.
It's time to just put your dumbass on ignore.....nuff waiste time and breathe on your dumbass.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
we agree

not in this engine

you are saying that to slam me. you don't me and therefore don't know what I know. My own race engines that I've built have that make over 1100hp have gas ported pistons and .043, .043, 3mm ring packs. they are also 15:1 engines, make 14 inches of vacuum going down track and they get new rings every season. My bbc street engine in my Camaro makes 650hp and has 1/16", 1/16" 3/16" rings and that engine has 10.9 compression, no vacuum pump and over 30,000 miles on it.

Yes in this engine. It's just physics, and the engine doesn't know the difference. Less drag, less friction, better ring seal = more power on any engine, any time, any where. Your "650" hp street engine would make another 20hp with gas ported pistons with thinner rings and absolutely zero loss of reliability or longevity and I 100% GUARANTEE you Mr Shafiroff would agree.

·
Idiot Savant
162,009 Posts
Let’s make it short, and sweet. Gas ports, and thin rings build power, and last as long, or longer then heavier, and thicker rings, and no gas ports. 1/16th ring pacs will work, and last a long while also, and are less expensive to use. I’d say most cookie cutter engines, built to be less expensive use these avenues to keep prices down, along with other shortcuts. They know their customers ain’t running Comp, so these will work. And the customer is satisfied, and engine runs fine. But again, there’s no argument that thin rings, and gas ports do help performance.
Screw that! Let's go back to 4 ring pistons with 5/64ths wide rings and get the wall tensions way up. That'll give you some guddy-yup.

·
Idiot Savant
162,009 Posts
I want to know what a man's bracket racing skills, or lack of, have to do with his knowledge of building engines. Since when does one have something to do with the other? I wonder how many times shafiroff lost in the first round. 🙄
First round and out is the sweet spot in Top Fuel. Moe used to strive to qualify 16th and lose in the first round. That way he could at least break even.

There are two types of engine builders. The volume guys are NOT the power guys. I went for reasonable power, reasonable cost, and as few comebacks a possible. Someone like Foxwell, though I don't get along with him at all, is going to give you as much power as he can for a given application. Chris is in that genre as well...(he probably thinks I'm a butt too, but he'd be unlikely to say it... :D )

Two entirely different worlds.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts