Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta head down to Paso Robles for a meeting on Friday. Going to fly back to Texas on Saturday out of San Luis Obispo, so I figured I'd head to one of the nearby beaches for the night to get a hotel before my trip home.

Is one of them a "must see" over the other one? Or is it 6 of one, half dozen of the other?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
pismo is badass, drive right on the beach,rent a little buggy and cruise the dunes, morro's nice to, county golf course overlooking the ocean.

·
1 %
12,293 Posts
Both are great places, but if you had to pick just one, I'd go with Pismo.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pismo is our home away from home. Check out Harry's bar...then walk across the street to Splash for a bread bowl of clam chowder.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Morro Bay is a small community, It's fairly close to the Hearst Castle (30-miles) which is a must see if you're into it, Also there's a harbor there @ Moro Bay if you're into fishing (sport boats),The Men in Grey Suits (Great Whites) are in the waters also if you happen to jump on a boat you might get lucky to see some airing out of the water feeding off of seals, If you happen to surf Morro Rock is a great spot with a lot more reefs just a few miles up the road @ Cayucos, Keep in mind the water up there is chilly most likely in the lower to mid 50's.
Anyway take lots of pictures & share them with us, Hope you have a good time in CA again

http://www.innatmorrobay.com/castle/

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Michael. I hope to have enough thime Saturday morning to do the Hearst Castle tour. I have to be at the SBP airport by 11am, so I should have time.

Looks like I need to make this meeting pay off so that I can make another trip to that area!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Jockos steak house is just north of Santa Maria in Nipomo and has one of the best rib eye steaks on the west coast.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Pismo is our home away from home. Check out Harry's bar...then walk across the street to Splash for a bread bowl of clam chowder.
My Uncle used to pick fights in Harry's and get his ass beat about once a month. :) I used to cruise the pier parking lot in my '72 RS/SS Camaro. They used to have a big car show on Dolliver then they moved it to the pier.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
That's where a woman taking her early morning swim was killed by a Great White while on lookers watched from the pier, Not saying don't go there as it's a nice area & beach.

Shark kills woman in Central Coast attack / 50-year-old bitten while swimming among sea lions

August 20, 2003|By Maria Alicia Gaura, Chuck Squatriglia, Chronicle Staff Writers

• Deborah B. Franzman
    Credit: MICHAEL MALONEY
(08-20) 04:00 PST Avila Beach, San Luis Obispo County — 2003-08-20 04:00:00 PST Avila Beach, San Luis Obispo County -- A woman swimming among sea lions in the ocean off the Central Coast town of Avila Beach died Tuesday morning after she was bitten by what authorities believe was a large great white shark.
Deborah B. Franzman, 50, was attacked as she swam alone within sight of beachgoers on the Avila Beach pier and of about 30 lifeguards training on the beach.
The shark struck from below, breaching the surface and tearing most of the tissue from Franzman's left thigh. Although no one saw the entire animal, a witness saw a gray fin in the churning water, and authorities said the nature and severity of the attack left little doubt it was a white shark.

I'd stay in SLO and cruise over to Avila Beach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts