Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
painted stripes can be removed with light rubbing compound and towel......depending on if the paint is basecoat / clear coat or single stage. i had a truck driver show me a trick to taking off lettering with a bar of lava soap and windex.... that might work as well . you'd have to buff the area after removal. if they aren't real old and the car is clear coated , you could take reducer and a rag wipe on them , and rub them off , as well.....

·
Read Only
0 Posts
No. Even of you get the stripe off the "shadow" where UV was not able to reach the paint will remain. It will be visible.

·
Registered
237 Posts
if the pin stripe is over the clear coat you can remove it easy. i did on two of my vehicles and you could never tell it was on there. a heat gun or hair dryer willl work.

·
Registered
770 Posts
stay away from heat and chemicals! use the rubber eraser (round one) on an air tool, they make spesific tools for this so turn the air way down as not to burn the paint. the rubbers are cheep, and avail. in different sizes at an autobody suply store, or use a drill. buff the area and polish after and most times you can't tell.....unless its red! lol, as stated before, if it's under the clear....you are screwed! i have gotten it out from under clear and saved the base, but then it will need re-cleared, so it's not an effective means of doing it. autobodytoolmart.com has the kit for 120 bucks, tool, and like 20 rubbers. go slow and it'll turn out fine. good luck

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The base color is white the striping is black i took it of my 08 when i bought it but if you look just right you can tell where it was

1 - 11 of 11 Posts