Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
In Gainesville, we got one on the test n tune day and the first pass for qualifying on Saturday.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same in STL. Friday and first on sat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Tony
If they do it like they did at the Grove, the first run Saturday will be off the tree and you will get time slip, the second run will be Rich with the arm drop and you won't get a slip.
See you this weekend.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hmmmm So can someone riddle me this? (I"m asking cuz I'm going to run in Pinks All Out in September at Infineon, CA).... So basically you get a total of two runs before the selection process happens? One on a friday and one on a saturday???? One timeslip on friday and one arm drop no timeslip on saturday????

Wow seems like a whole lot of waiting around for ONE banzai pass..... I'm guessing those two passes better be pretty closely consistent if you're wanting to get picked huh????

Oh hold on nevermind i just got the test n tune day on friday seems like multiple passes right???? all with slips..... i just re-read the post...

·
Registered
905 Posts
You know how rumors go but, I heard they start looking at cars during the first round. Trying to get an idea of a tight group of 16. I think your second pass better be close to the first or you won't be in the show.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hey Tony
If they do it like they did at the Grove, the first run Saturday will be off the tree and you will get time slip, the second run will be Rich with the arm drop and you won't get a slip.
See you this weekend.
Exactly what Wayne Paul, ETown's Pink's All Out Coordinator told me.

See you Friday which is just to get a pit spot and tech in though there is an optional $35 T/T.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah looks like the passes on saturday are the ones where you had better be consistent......

I think we're setting up my car to run 9.50's and hope for the best.... Hopefully at infineon they won't be able to stock a 16 car field of 9.0 cars or 8.50 cars.....

Knowing my luck that'll be the week they have an 8.50 Pinks All Out field... :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmmm So can someone riddle me this? (I"m asking cuz I'm going to run in Pinks All Out in September at Infineon, CA).... So basically you get a total of two runs before the selection process happens? One on a friday and one on a saturday???? One timeslip on friday and one arm drop no timeslip on saturday????

Wow seems like a whole lot of waiting around for ONE banzai pass..... I'm guessing those two passes better be pretty closely consistent if you're wanting to get picked huh????

Oh hold on nevermind i just got the test n tune day on friday seems like multiple passes right???? all with slips..... i just re-read the post...
You will get two passes on Saturday, but Friday I would guess it is up to the track on how many passes you can get in. At Maple Grove it was 2 passes on Friday.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Friday at E-Town will be a Test and Tune from 2 to 8.
Saturday, first pass with the tree, you get a time slip.
Second pass, Rich's arm drop, no slip.
Better make those two on Saturday fairly close together. Don't try to dial-into a number or you may be on the outside looking-in.

Good luck to all!

·
Registered
131 Posts
At the grove last year it was a pro tree.Just incase anyone wants to know.I'm going friday morning myself.Get a pit spot.Close to the fence as possible to watch the show.Cause Ed gonna win it all :)

Perhaps i won't blow the rear window out of my junk like last year at the grove.Added extra crazey clue this year.LOL.

Bringing a cooler, a grille ,food and lots of sunscreen and drinks.I'm staying the night.

Good luck to all.Its gonna be crazey down there,its gonna be fun.And watch your shit.If you ain't using it lock it up.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmmmm getting time slips , might make me run my car differently than i had planned, thanks. SEE you all there, seems like everyone i know is going to be there

·
Registered
177 Posts
PINKS just filmed an episode here in St.Louis. At first I was skeptical about how well it would go but after we got there, got setup and ready to run we actually had a blast. Really, there just weren't any turds running as everything was 12.99 and faster so the cars were fun to watch.

We were numbered in groups of 50 so when your group wasn't running, there was time to cruise the vendor row, watch some passes, cruise the pits and fix any problems that might come up.

Since we have an "odd" car, we got called to the lanes with 20 or so other "odd" cars to make another pass for filming. I guess there going to use the footage to fill on the show or use it on Alloutakes. We got a slip on that pass too. The only one we didn't get a slip was the armdrop #2 on saturday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We found out in Tucson...The Pinks crew is there on Friday TNT watching, if you have a 8/9 sec car at the TNT, you better have a 8/9 sec. car on sat or you just made the don't pick list. Also, if you jump the arm start, you won't get picked.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have they everpicked a fast field yet??? I know Maple Grove was a low 9 class....has there been a faster field (8 sec) ????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts