Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And what tool do you use. I have a $9 dollar craftsman angle finder is this good enough. I do not have a drive on hoist so I was thinking of loading the car on the trailer taking a 4 foot level and level the trailer and check it would this be good.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
it just has to be on the trailer the trailer does not have to be level. You are compairing the drive shaft angle to the pinion angle and thats it, it has nothing to do with the ground plane

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it just has to be on the trailer the trailer does not have to be level. You are compairing the drive shaft angle to the pinion angle and thats it, it has nothing to do with the ground plane
Ok. I thought the car has to be level. Where is the proper placement of the angle finder.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Put the angle finder on the driveshaft and the pinion then look at the difference between the two readings . That will be your pinion angle .

·
Registered
400 Posts
jeff is right,, use the u joint cap on the pinion, then rotate 90 and do the drive shaft, use a socket to space the tool, it should fit nice and flat

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
In a ideal case those will be the same. The idea is for it all to line up under power, but no the Driveshaft to pinion is the angle you are after, so you do not invert the angle and unload it

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are running heim joints in control arms and rearend I use the 4-link setting
If running stock type bushings then run the ladder bar setting
combo of both some where inbetween.
I do have heim joints thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts