Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well do to my car having nothing adjustable in the control arms I never had any clue what the pinion angle was at. I went to the track a few weeks ago with only a 3.55 gears on 275/60/15 mt drag radials. The car was goin 1.50s n 1.51 all day on motor footbraking it and the car would just blow the tire off if I tried using the transbrake.
So I checked the pinion angle and found out it was +2 degrees.
So I put some double adjustable uppers in it and a new set of qa-1 (12 WAY ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS) in it and some 4.10 gears. I set the pinion angle @ -3 degrees. Do u think the pinion angle will make it hook better and maybe it wont spin also off the transbrake? When I upped the gears from the 3.55s to the 4.10s it wouldnt hook anymore no matter what I did. So thats what made me make the suspension changes. What do u think its gonna do? If u look in my sig. That pics if from the 1.500 short time.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Pinion angle is going to want to ride up whether it's -3 or +3.

Thing is for every degree off 0 you lose more hp turning it, and after a determined rpm x degree you lose even more hp with angles because there exceeded and then make vibration issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts