Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any info on this.
At the release of the tb does anyone apply a shit ton of co2 for say 1 sec than transfer to there target boost setting?
Does it help boost come in faster?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My target is from relase of the tb. I target 8 on tb and go 25 at release. Just wondering if i target 50 at release for 1sec

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Shop testing has shown me that holding the gate closed with co2 does build boost quicker. the gate must flutter a bit with the exhaust pulsations I am guessing.
I would like to target 4-5 psi, but spring alone (red MVR tial spring) can make 8 on a pass, and much more with the low timing and high fuel load I am using to spin things up quickly. I have even considered going without a spring and just using the c02 to target launch pressure. I don't know if there are drawbacks to that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My target is from relase of the tb. I target 8 on tb and go 25 at release. Just wondering if i target 50 at release for 1sec
I have tried this I went from 25 to 40 and at .2 in too the run I was up 1.2lbs so it did help on my setup I then tried more and no change so I guess there’s only so much you can do

·
Registered
16,315 Posts
Shop testing has shown me that holding the gate closed with co2 does build boost quicker. the gate must flutter a bit with the exhaust pulsations I am guessing.
I would like to target 4-5 psi, but spring alone (red MVR tial spring) can make 8 on a pass, and much more with the low timing and high fuel load I am using to spin things up quickly. I have even considered going without a spring and just using the c02 to target launch pressure. I don't know if there are drawbacks to that.
I would suggest that perhaps your wastegate and/or your piping size/layout may not be sufficient to control the boost down to the low pressure you are targeting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts