Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what ET does it become critical that you actually start pillowing the chassis to and from the track to keep your shock settings the same and to keep the valving from going away quicker. Had this discussion yesterday with a gentleman and wondered what others thought about this.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It actually has more to with how good your trailer is and how often you want to replace or rebuild your shocks...

Here is a quick check if you have problem..

The next time you tow your car somewhere.. when you stop check the temperature of your shocks.. if the the temperature is elevated at all your trailer is working your shocks to hard.

anything you can do to limit or eliminate shock movement during transport is a good thing for any car

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I pull mine down as tight as I can by the frame in order to minimize any suspension movement while towing. I've thought about making some blocks to go under the frame also but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyone ever have double adjustable shocks change settings by themselves from towing??

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know with my old dragster we obviously pillowed it under the drivers seat but never really thought about it too much with the Nova.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts