Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a mustang that had a NOS plate on it. The jets are .73 nitrous and .52 fuel. I was wondering how big of a hit that was. I asked a few people and everyones eyes got big when they heard the spread. But they also are old and haven't sprayed their cars since the late 80's. The regulator is set a 7.5 pounds and the timing is at 28 degrees. It goes 7.80s on the motor and the kit is on a full throttle switch I was wondering what kind of ETs would be normal because I don't have a cage and I don't like the thought of being booted from the track. I also run 110 sunoco and it's 10.5 to 1. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I bought a mustang that had a NOS plate on it. The jets are .73 nitrous and .52 fuel. I was wondering how big of a hit that was. I asked a few people and everyones eyes got big when they heard the spread. But they also are old and haven't sprayed their cars since the late 80's. The regulator is set a 7.5 pounds and the timing is at 28 degrees. It goes 7.80s on the motor and the kit is on a full throttle switch I was wondering what kind of ETs would be normal because I don't have a cage and I don't like the thought of being booted from the track. I also run 110 sunoco and it's 10.5 to 1. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The spread could be because of the 7.5#'s of FP...
If you have never sprayed it or been involved with the car before I would be very care full..
I don't feel I have the knowledge to tell you what to do.
If it was mine,
I would start from scratch.
i would make sure the car is tuned on motor first.
and proceed from there...
Remember Baby steps, save $$$$$

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really appreciate all the help. I agree with the baby steps. The last thing I would want is to blow it up because of a rookie mistake. Thanks again for both of you inputs.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I really appreciate all the help. I agree with the baby steps. The last thing I would want is to blow it up because of a rookie mistake. Thanks again for both of you inputs.
Just start searching, and reading and reading and reading... There is a ton of knowledge on here, and almost every question and every problem in the world has happened, to someone on here....

·
Registered
822 Posts
find out which kit you actually have. then go on NOS website and follow there recommended jet size and timing starting points

1 - 7 of 7 Posts