Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have any choice in this matter, I drive a 2013 Chrysler 200 for a work car. They provide, I dont bitch about a free car usually BUT this thing is in for the SECOND PCM in a year. First time it quit it took the cooling fans, a/c and trans control module with it. This time its simple. Just turn signals are affected but its not just a bulb. WHY does the pcm control the turn signals?

·
Aviation Section
26,004 Posts
I dont have any choice in this matter, I drive a 2013 Chrysler 200 for a work car. They provide, I dont bitch about a free car usually BUT this thing is in for the SECOND PCM in a year. First time it quit it took the cooling fans, a/c and trans control module with it. This time its simple. Just turn signals are affected but its not just a bulb. WHY does the pcm control the turn signals?
I think it is called the TIPM and looks like a fusebox but is actually another small computer under the hood, heard they will go out as easy as a trailer light wiring gone wrong or too much draw such as to many trailer lights or accessories. Dave

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
I think it is called the TIPM and looks like a fusebox but is actually another small computer under the hood, heard they will go out as easy as a trailer light wiring gone wrong or too much draw such as to many trailer lights or accessories. Dave
X2

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If you think it's only Chrysler that chooses to run lights,body functions,etc. from some sort of module, you're sadly mistaken. I had an '09 Pont. G6(REAL BIG POS)that had terminal "fretting" issues at the BCM causing all kinds of lighting problems.

·
Registered
481 Posts
you want to hear another new car bs deal......

my buddy at work just bought a new jeep cherokee. He had to bring it back in and pay $70 to have the trailer hitch electrical enabled thru the ecm/bcm.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need to go back to carbs and dimmer switches in the floor.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
A "Chrysler 200" sounds sorta "breakdown-ish" even in just its name LOL....saying that, a Guy over here just spent $160K on a Merc and threw it back after a week because the alarm wont cancel and the Main Stealer cannot fix it.....told him to wait for a HELLCAT!.......:p

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are supposed to be getting new company cars. Chevy Malibu's.. I work for an insurance company and we do a lot of safety stuff.. So they are putting safety people in a car involved in the largest recall in automotive history for killing people? Some decisions from above I just dont understand.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
you want to hear another new car bs deal......

my buddy at work just bought a new jeep cherokee. He had to bring it back in and pay $70 to have the trailer hitch electrical enabled thru the ecm/bcm.

Dealerships fault. Not Chrysler. They shoulda done under warranty if that new/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts