Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a idea on which headers we want to go with !!!

Whatca guys got !!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I see alot of guys here using those fender well ones. I guess the main thing i didnt like was the exhaust was below the body mounts along the side.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see alot of guys here using those fender well ones. I guess the main thing i didnt like was the exhaust was below the body mounts along the side.
Yea thats what I am trying to get away from if we can.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Headers for S-10's SUCK!

The frame is basically a 78 Malibu only 6 inches narrower..

I usually build them with 2 tubes inside the frame and 2 tubes outside the frame, and that is with 2"

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Headers for S-10's SUCK!

The frame is basically a 78 Malibu only 6 inches narrower..

I usually build them with 2 tubes inside the frame and 2 tubes outside the frame, and that is with 2"
Have any pics?

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Headman makes a nice set in their Husler line. They are only 1 3/4" but still enough to make a touch over 600rwhp on our Dynojet with a 388" Pump gas SBC with a tuned 150 shot of spray. One tube goes around the frame on each side.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We need 1 7/8 min.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
my buddy built his to go over the frame rail but right back under it to keep the exhaust on the inside of the frame. his truck is pretty low and he doesnt have any issues.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my buddy built his to go over the frame rail but right back under it to keep the exhaust on the inside of the frame. his truck is pretty low and he doesnt have any issues.
Hows it look? Does all the pipes goe through the fender well then back under?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I made a set for a bbc in a s10 1 time. they was inside the frame rails. pain in the asssss. but they worked. it was a 2. 1/4 tube. U care to see those pics??

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have any pics from the wheel well, I want to see how tight it is to the wheel and how the exhaust would run with those headers !!!

Thanks !!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I wish I had some pics... but I dont ever shoot many pics of what I build.. I might start doing since it looks like it might help out guys on here.

To do equal length 1 7/8 custom headers on an S-10 runs about $1400 with Removable collectors..

The two rear tubes on both sides go just over the frame and turn back right behind the back of the lower control arm mount.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts